•Chapter Nine•

Woohyun piggybacked me all the way to the village's only hospital with a teacher guiding us the direction.

"Woohyun..are you tired?" I asked while dabbing his sweat which trickled down his neck with my sleeve.

It looked like I weighed a tonne just by seeing how fatigued he looked.

He shook his head and tilted to the left smiling at me as I crinkled my nose giggling despite the fact my ankle was in excruciating pain.

The three of us entered the fairly busy hospital and we rushed to the reception. "Excuse me, could we get her examined please? She's hurt her ankle." Our teacher politely asked the receptionist who chewed her gum like a horse.

"Follow the red arrow on the floor and go to the first arrow that it leads off to." She said while pulling out a pencil from her birds nest hair.

We trailed the red arrow carefully and a running patient brushed past my ankle making me wince and I tightly gripped onto Woohyun's sleeve.

Woohyun exclaimed, "The red arrow! We're here!" He flung open the door and plonked me down on the first seat he saw.

The doctor was startled and rushed over to me, immediately his eyes locked on my ankle which was all bruised and purple. "What have you done to your ankle, young lady?"

I replied in pain, "Somebody pushed me off my bicycle earlier and my ankle hasn't stopped hurting.."

He examined my ankle and began pressing it with several questions, "Does it hurt when I do this? Wiggle your toes for me?"

Finally he came to a conclusion that thankfully I had only sprained my ankle with the level of 'Grade 2.' This meant it would heal within 4-6 weeks and have an 'air splint' to protect my ankle.

I was slightly pissed at the fact that somebody would actually injure me, what kind of thoughts exactly go in their mind? What annoys me more is that nobody is owning up to their actions. The doctor explained that it would be fine to walk without crutches however I couldn't put too much pressure on it.

It was already 1:30pm by the time we left the hospital and the group were still circling the village on bikes.

Woohyun and I sat together on the bench as we saw a couple ride past in the two seated bike.

"Oh!" I eyed up on the bike as it went further and further away.

Woohyun glanced over to me and asked, "Do you think you can go on one of those with me?"

I answered, "Of course, they look fun."

He jogged over to the bike racks and picked a couple bike over to me. He brushed the seat with his hand and lifted me onto it, cutely grinning.

Woohyun took my two hands and gripped them onto his waist, "You have to hold on tight!" He warned me as he began pedalling slowly.

I nervously held onto his waist as my legs dangled off of the bicycle.

"Pretty.." I mumbled while he pedalled at a slow pace, he twisted his head looking at me and smiled, "Like you then."

Oh God. The cringe. I gritted my teeth together, "Aisssh. Woohyun, so cheesy.." He laughed loudly.

While pedalling through the gentle breeze, we passed Hyo Jin with Da In and they instantly glared at us two before staring at my ankle.

They whispered something amongst themselves before Woohyun pedalled past them quickly. I turned my head over to see Da In and Hyo Jin's worried expressions making me wonder if it was either of them who sickeningly pushed me which was highly possible.

[Night Time-7:30]

It was finally our last night on this eventful trip and the teachers planned a small bonfire for us all to 'reflect' on the trip together.

Blankets were passed around the circle and we all sat on the logs of wood. The wood burned as you could smell the wispy smoke from the fire which I absolutely love.

I discreetly snuggled closer with Woohyun resting my head on his shoulder, he cautiously looked up as everyone was talking and leant over to hold my hand under the blanket.

"Your hands are cold," Woohyun whispered as he began warming them up with his hands.

I couldn't make eye contact with him because he was just so close to me but I still loved every moment of it.

"Ghost stories!" Min Seok shouted as the teachers all walked indoors. Aw. Not ghost stories.

"Chan Young, you know a lot of stories! Tell us one!" Yoo Ri pleaded.

Chan Young's face was absolutely gormless, he had been quiet ever since the bicycle activity.

"Chan Young..?" Min Seok asked while patting his back,

"Uh-huh? What did you say..?" Chan Young responded.

"Ghost stories..tell us all one!" Yoo Ri excitedly said.

"I don't..I can't think of one. Min Seok, you know some." Chan Young's lip trembled.

Min Seok clapped his hands and hummed, "I got one. It was a winters day in Busan when a little boy and girl discovered an abandoned..cottage in the middle of a stranded field..."

He continued building up the tension..

My hand clenched tighter on Woohyun's hand until it was possible that his blood circulation could stop running through his fingers.

Min Seok suddenly paused as he stared with his mouth dropped facing towards Woohyun and I.

He was looking beyond us two but something behind us caught him and the rest of the group's attention..

"Woohyun, Woohyun..I can't look behind." I said as I tightly snuggled up to him and buried my head beneath his chin with my eyes tightly shut. My heart was pounding so fast that it felt like it would come out.

Woohyun slightly turned his head to realise that it was our teachers behind us, "BOO!" She screamed with her hands in a claw position.

Woohyun flinched as the group all burst out into laughter. "Y...ah." He groaned.

The teacher took a seat while wrapping herself in a blanket.

"So, how have we enjoyed this trip?" She asked.

"It's been great fun." Da In answered while glaring at Woohyun and I.

"Oh yes, Ailey. We haven't found out who the 'criminal' was that pushed you. Is there anyone who's going to own up?" The teacher asked while looking up as they all gulped.

Chan Young surprisingly stood up and raised his hand, "Miss..I know who did it. I witnessed it.

It was..it was Hyo..Jin."