•Chapter Seven•

Ailey's POV

I fell on my side of the bed as if my legs were about to fall off and was speechless. Just a moment ago I witnessed Woohyun and Hyo Jin tightly hugging each other.

Yoo Ri glanced over to me and asked with suspicion, "Ailey, are you okay? You look like you've just seen a ghost!"

I replied while staring in the distance, "Yeah..no I'm fine."

Hyo Jin rushed into the room teary eyed and threw her washing up gloves on the floor, "Ruined! Ailey, It's all your fault!"

She frowned at me with so much anger that you could even see steam shooting out of her nostrils and ears.

She stomped over towards me clenching her fists tightly, "You bitch! You flirt with Woohyun 24/7 when I specifically told you that I liked him. What kind of person are you? Now I've humiliated myself and it's all your fault! He said he likes somebody else!" She bursted out in tears and kicked my duvet like a 3 year old toddler.

I sat there in silence whilst registering in my mind what Hyo Jin had just said.

I slowly stood up and was ready to reply when a flying slap hit my right cheek making my head fling towards the left.

I looked at Hyo Jin with disgust as she glared at me like she did something good for once.

"Yah!" I screamed with anger and replied, "Did he say it was me? Why are you trying to involve me into this? Why am I at fault? Why is it me who has to get slapped? Just because he doesn't like you doesn't mean that it's me to blame."

She scoffed and threw her headband on the floor, "There's nobody else he likes, is there?! I see the way he talks to you all the time ever since you stepped into this school! Why can't you just go back? He sees you because of your looks, your personality and everything about you makes him fall in love with you! Why can't it be me?!"

What she said really did hurt me but not as much as it hurt herself.

I looked at her, voiceless. I replied, "Hyo Jin. Calm down."

All the girls were watching us, astonished as Hyo Jin lifted up her hand again when suddenly her hand froze and a tightly held hand wrapped around her wrist.

I stared at the hand, then to the arm until I looked up to see it was Woohyun. "Stop it!" He shouted as he let go of Hyo Jin's wrist and held my hand, charging through the crowd of girls.

He slammed our bedroom door and sat me on the living room sofa whilst kneeling on his two knees. Woohyun looked up at me with concern as he put his cold hand on my right cheek. My heart was thumping that much I thought it was going to fall out.

"Are you okay? Your cheek is bright red." He asked. 

I didn't expect myself to actually get teary eyed from Hyo Jin's words, but my eyes began to fill up a little.

"I'm just still in shock.."

He stroked his thumb on my cheek before walking to the kitchen to soak a flannel in cold water and tightly squeezed it.

Woohyun knelt again and placed it on my scorching hot cheek. "Thanks, Woohyun," I quietly said and he swept my dangling strands of hair behind my ear.

"Sorry. It was my fault. I didn't think things would go out of control so easily." Woohyun apologised.

My heart was uncontrollable. 

"It wasn't your fault. Hyo Jin just hasn't realised that we are not to blame for her own feelings. It'll be okay," I responded whilst looking at Woohyun who looked sorrowful.

-

9:30

After the two of us stood up, Woohyun suddenly pulled me close as he wrapped his arms around me, hugging me tightly until I could feel his heart pounding. He stroked the back of my head with his left hand and softly whispered, "Sleep in the living room tonight, you're not leaving my side. I don't want you getting hurt."

And all my worries disappeared.