•Chapter One•

I got off the bus after a torturing 30 minutes stood up with my body rocking back and forth. The humidity in South Korea was no joke compared to the UK.

I brushed my hands through my hair and fixed my name badge which said "박에일리" before entering the school.
Everyone was wiping tables down, brushing the floor and cleaning the blackboards before the bell rang.

I entered my classroom and walked to my teacher and did a 90 degrees bow, "Hello, my name is Ailey Park and I'm a new student here."

She smiled pleasantly, "Ah! Ailey. Your first day, here is your timetable. Introduce yourself to your new class."

I blinked three times and shuffled to the front of the classroom, taking a deep breath.

Several eyes were all on me as I tightly grabbed onto my timetable, making it crinkle, "He-llo. My name is Ailey Park.."

Suddenly, I heard murmurs from three girls who whispered audibly, "Who does she think she is? Korea's diva, Ailee?"

At that moment, I didn't bother withstanding what they said. I swiftly turned around and wrote on the chalkboard in capital letters "A I L E Y" before turning back to the front.

"It's not AiLEE, it's Ailey with a Y. It's Irish, satisfied?"

I glanced over to the corner of the room as I was captivated by a boy who mischievously looked at me whilst I spoke. He began to smirk at me, raising one eyebrow. I avoided eye contact as quickly as possible before I began to stutter, or do something stupid.

"I'm from England and my parents are Korean. I enjoy listening to music..and I like watching Running Man. I hope we can be friends," I continued, despite knowing that one boy found amusement from my introduction.

The teacher assigned me to sit in the opposite corner of the classroom where there was a clear window with willow trees and a view of the school's field.

I dropped my bag onto the marble floor and pulled the chair out before sitting down. Sat beside me was a girl who had long black hair with a wispy, full fringe.

"My name is Lee Hyo Jin, I hope we can be good friends," she whispered.

She seems nice?

"Thanks, you've got a pretty name," I replied before the teacher began speaking.

-

After a long hour that passed by, I had P.E next. Hyo Jin told me it was basketball. She said that the girls were competitive, but that was what made the game interesting.

After changing into my kit, we all made our way outside onto the school field, and were split into two teams.

The game had started and the three girls who were on the blue team, surrounded me and began throwing the ball in circles, giggling.

As one girl threw the ball to another, I caught it and passed it to someone who was two metre away from me. Stupidly, she quickly dodged, and the ball directly hit the back of a boy's head.

"Ouch! Who was that?!" He yelped.

He turned around scanning all the girls. Aw shit! I recognise him. He was from this morning. The boy in the corner.

All the girls started screaming, "Are you okay, Woohyun? Oppa! It was her!"

The girls all frowned and pointed at me. What else was I suppose to say other than sorry?

"Sorry! It was my mistake," I apologised as I slightly bowed.

"Carry on!" The PE teacher yelled as the students all dispersed again.

The game continued and everyone avoided me as if I was the plague, apart from Hyo Jin.

She had mentioned to me that Woohyun was every girls 'eye candy,' and their 'future husband' in our school; which also explained why they were so sensitive.

During the intense basketball game, I swiftly turned around as a girl charged into me with the ball as I fell backwards.

I shouted, "Yah!" whilst brushing off all the dirt on my leg and arms.

"Who are you to shout? You hurt my oppa and this is what you deserve, don't you think?" One of the girls called Da In looked down at me as she sauntered closer.

"Go to the medical room now, I don't want any silly fighting in this game whatsoever, or else you will all see me after," the teacher screamed with frustration. 

The teacher didn't even give me a chance to reply to that wench?!

"Are you alright?" Hyo Jin questioned me as she helped pull me up from the ground.

"Yeah, I'm fine thanks. I'll talk to you after," I stood up on my two feet and walked off the field.

I wandered around, searching for the medical room as I noticed my elbow bleeding which got me even more angrier.

I entered the room which consisted of two green singular beds and a water tap, piled with a stack of paper cups.

"Would you like a plaster? Pour yourself a cup of water," one of the nurses asked as she came in with a warm smile.

"Yes please, and I'm fine thank you."

She gave me a fairly large plaster which I could use to cover up my scabby elbow.

I laid on the soft bed, turning on my phone.

My stomach was still in pain from the charging bull who ran into me. My stomach began growling, making me desperate for food.

I heard the door slide open, making me glance over to see the 'eye candy.' He was startled as much as I was as he walked slowly to the bed beside me.

After a brief moment of silence, he finally opened his mouth. "I'm here because of you," he began to rub the back of his head.

"I'm here because of your cheerleading girls," I scoffed. "Who are also incredibly sensitive.."

Woohyun began to mischievously smirk whilst comfortably laying on the bed beside me.

He lightly shut his eyes, "I'm going to sleep, don't try talking or flirting with me."

I laughed sarcastically at the childish joke, "Don't you worry, I promise I won't."

It had been about ten minutes of pure silence. I had put one earphone into my ear and began listening to my playlist.

Without myself realising, I began to nod off. Suddenly, my stomach growled loudly as I quietly winced with hunger.

Woohyun turned his body over and sat up, "Your stomach is flirting with me. You broke your promise."

I took out my earphone and replied, "To be specific, it was cursing at you."

He did a half smile as if he was simply amused by my response before laying back down again.

"So how long--"

The nurse entered the room at that moment, interrupting me from finishing my sentence.

"You two should be feeling better now? It's lunchtime, I suggest you two should eat some food and get fresh air!"

We both stood up in sync and bowed, "Yes, thank you."

We gathered our belongings before leaving the room quietly. Woohyun had gone his own way and so did I.

It was an awkward encounter.