•Chapter Two•

I entered the morning bus and greeted the bus driver whilst sipping my orange juice from a carton.

I searched for a vacant seat but all of them were taken. Instead, I held onto the bus pole and untangled my earphones before plugging it in my phone, placing one earphone into my ear.

It was hectic. More and more people alighted, making the bus become humid and extremely stuffy.

An old man who sat in front of me got off the bus. I was prepared to sit myself down, but suddenly Woohyun came out of nowhere and barged past me.

"Yah. I was about to sit down," I gritted my teeth.

"It's all about timing. Don't they not teach you this in England?"

What the fu..

"What a gentleman," I rolled my eyes whilst turning away.

The ride was rather rockier than I had expected. After a few moments, the bus suddenly slammed it's breaks as the traffic light turned red. Unconsciously, I had clashed into Woohyun.

My hand gripped onto his shoulder as he guarded himself using his hands.

"Fu- sorry," I cleared my throat as I repelled as fast as I could from him.

How could it be possible for my face to burn so easily? Was it from being embarrassed?

I gripped onto the bus pole tightly making my palm become all sweaty.

"Girls will try anything just to get some skin ship out of me," he leaned back, smirking.

Aw. How did you guess? That is exactly what I attempted to do," I rolled my eyes before taking a sip of my orange juice before getting off the bus.

What an idiot.

It was 8:15 and all the students were cleaning like janitors. I entered my classroom and of course Da In had something to say just by her facial expression.

I walked down to the corner of the classroom, unzipping my backpack as a boy walked up to me.

"Hi friend. My names Kang Min Seok. I'm the class president. I'm guessing your old school had never cleaned classrooms before?"

"Oh no. We had janitors to do the job, all we had to do was attend class and that was even hard for people," I replied as he gave me a wet cloth.

We both laughed as I began wiping the windowsill whilst looking outside. It was beautiful. Willow trees overshadowed the wooden benches, almost feeling the warm summer breeze.

I walked to the front of the classroom and began wiping the nearest desk.

"Yah," Da In threw the chalkboard eraser at the back of my head with force making me wince.

"What do you think you are doing? Are you crazy?" I responded.

"You're the crazy one. You really think you can get away with hurting Woohyun oppa?" She cockily replied.

"Erm, what the heck? Are you like his unnecessary protection squad? Please grow up. He's a big boy and doesn't need a trail of girls guarding him," I responded.

I rubbed the chalk off my hair and sighed. Who does she think she is?

Hyo Jin entered the classroom and could already feel the tension.
She cleared her throat and all the students whispered to each other.
'Da In at it again.'
'It's like de ja vu..'
'When is she going to drop it?'

Da In looked shocked as she looked behind me and suddenly began to sort her hair out.

"Treat our Woohyun nice, you'll just do fine!" Da In smirked and tapped my shoulder before running to Woohyun who had just entered.

What. A. Bitch.

I twisted my body and saw her cling onto him like inseparable chewing gum.

"Oppa! Have you eaten breakfast? I bought you this!" Da In broadly smiled. She took out a bread with a love heart in the centre.

Woohyun let out a sigh as he brushed her off, sitting down in the corner of the classroom. He lifted up his two feet onto the desk, closing his eyes carelessly. 

The teacher came in as the bell rang and we all urgently ran to our seats.

"You seemed cool a second ago," Hyo Mi laughed.

I chortled as the teacher caught the two of us, "Hyo Jin and...A..A-New girl! Quiet! We are here to learn, not to gossip!"

The class laughed as we immediately apologised.

The hour flew by, or at least I wished it did. The whole hour consisted of a black and white film based in the 1940's.

I was too absorbed in watching the boys football game outside on the field. I gave Hyo Jin two of my textbooks for her to sleep on whilst Da In was watching her own film, Sleeping Woohyun.

The bell rang and the teacher announced, "Right everyone, your new assignment for the rest of the week is to write a whole summary of this film."

The entire class groaned.

"I can tell you're all excited already. You'll be working in groups of three and no excuses will be made. Right- Yoo Jin, Min Ah and Min Seok; Hyo Jin, Eun Ah and Yoo Ri."

The list continued until my name got called out and I could already sense what was going to happen.

"Ailey--"