•Chapter Twenty-Five•

Ailey's POV

Beep beep

The sickening sound of my alarm rang as I slithered out of my bed. I waddled to my bathroom mirror as I sniffled. I've been acting like an idiot for the past two days, I feel weaker than before.

"Hahahaha!" A wispy laugh escaped from GP's mouth. "You look like a zombie!" Of course, my brother.

I scowled at him as I weakly brushed my teeth. "Mum says I have to take you to school today, so you better hurry." GP grinned while fixing his hair with my hairspray.

I walked back into my bedroom as I slowly combed my hair, my eyes drifted to Woohyun's gift in the corner of my room. Remembering his exact words, 'forget everything that has happened between us two because I know I will.' PAH. What a joke. I'll forget about it too, aish.

I stomped forward to the present before throwing it into the drawer, shoving it right to the back.

"Sister, what's that?! Is that..that the limited watch?! Show me!" GP rushed over to me with his eyes fixed onto the gift.

"Have it. I don't need it. Treat it as your late Christmas present from me." I threw the box to him.

"Daebak! One of the best brands in Seoul, I..oh my god! I love you!" GP planted a sloppy kiss on my forehead before I repelled away from him, wiping my forehead clean.

"It's...beautiful!" GP's eyes glistened as he latched the watch onto his wrist, uncontrollably smiling.

"Get out then!" I manoeuvred him out of my bedroom to get changed.

I applied my last dab of lip tint on my lips before leaving my bedroom for school.

"I'll take Ailey to school now, mum. I'll be careful, goodbye!" GP said before throwing his arm onto my shoulder. "Let's go!" He smiled while closing the door behind him.

We both got into the car as the engine started, "After school, come by to my school where I work, yeah? I'll take you home." GP grinned.

My brother, GP may seem dorky and clumsy but he's 23 and has already became a teacher at a high school. He's a loving brother who takes care of my mum and I, he acts like he did when he was younger with me but at his work, he's like another person.

"How's school? Any boy troubles?" He raised an eyebrow.

"Hm. Yeah. Someone broke up with me." I replied with my head down.

"Eh?! Who? I'll kick his ass!" GP raged.

"Yah. You can't hurt a fly, and you're 23, too old for fights." I chuckled.

"Noo! I'm still that thug you once saw years ago!" He fought back while flexing his right arm.

"Anyway, it's not such a big deal, h-" I buried myself further down my chair as I noticed Woohyun crossing the road, hiding my face with my hair.

"What are you doing?" GP laughed.

"He's..my um.." I mumbled.

"Ah! Ex-Boyfriend!" He chuckled as he cheekily beeped the car twice making Woohyun shudder.

"Yah! Yah! Yah! Are you crazy?!" I dug my head into my school bag.

"Look at you! Hahaha!" GP pointed at me.

"Did he see? Did he?!" I panicked.

"He didn't see, calm it." GP chuckled as he continued driving until we got in front of the school gate.

"Thanks, GP! See you after school." I smiled while putting the second bag strap onto my shoulder.

GP scrolled down the window and jerked his head forward, "Say goodbye oppa, not GP!"

"Yah, in your dreams, PARK. GEUM. PI!" I stuck my tongue out before speedily walking into school, waving goodbye to him. He absolutely hated his real name and made us all call him by the name, 'GP' when he was young.

He seemed to always make me happy even if I was sad, especially today.

Yoo Ri rushed from behind and linked her arms with me, "Ooh! Who was that guy in the car? Hottie!" She blushed.

"Yuck! He's my brother." I scrunched my nose.

"Daebak..your family must have the best genes. I mean look at you two.." Yoo Ri was astonished.

"I'm going to go this work after school so don't wait for me, yeah?" I replied.

"Omo! Take me with you! He's like..like an angel!" Yoo Ri's eyes fluttered.

"Yah. He's an English teacher." I said in a monotone voice.

"A teacher?! Why is he wasting his good looks..I mean, he could be a model!" She sulked before heading into first class.

We both entered the classroom and students were all slouched on tables chatting like usual, playing games on their smartphones and girls taking several selfies with each other.

Woohyun entered the room after we did and he coldly walked past me without even looking at me. It was like he rehearsed it. He naturally walked to the group of boys and began to chat with them, it didn't take Yoo Ri long to notice.

"Why isn't Woohyun speaking to you?" She curiously asked.

"We broke up." I whispered to her as I began to take out my textbooks.

"WHAT?! You broke up?!" She screamed in shock as I slapped my hand across her mouth.

The class all fixed their eyes on me as I frustratingly grunted.

"What? Woohyun, heol. You two broke up?" Da In bounced up smiling.

'Unbelievable..'
'Thought those two were inseparable..'
'They were the visual couple..'

Students all whispered amongst themselves as Woohyun did an awkward laugh, "We broke up. Not a big deal, right?"

Wow. Is that all he ever does? Lie? I gritted my teeth tightly as the door slammed shut and the students all rushed to their seats.

"Yah, yah, yah! Class has begun. No gossiping, now get out your textbooks!" Mr Kim powerfully shouted.

Bi Ho sat beside me without myself realising and I awkwardly smiled. Woohyun and I avoided eye contact like avoiding the plague, it had not even been an hour since the day started and I already wished to go home.

Aish. Woohyun..you're so irritating.