•Chapter Three•

"Park Ailey, Nam Woohyun and Go Da In."

I'm sorry, what did she say?

I blinked again and again.

"Good luck, you're going to need it.." Hyo Jin whispered in a tone of sympathy.

We all left the classroom as Da In tapped me on the shoulder, "You payed attention to the film didn't you? I'll leave all the work in your hands."

"Looks like we're all spending our time in the library at lunch," Woohyun said whilst putting his headphones on.

It was already lunchtime. I queued up in the line, ready for the food. There wasn't a variety of food but the simplicity of boiled rice, kimchi and soup. The food wasn't considered appetising either, but good enough to fill everyone up.

"Thank you," I bowed to the dinner lady before searching for an empty seat with Hyo Jin.

"Where do you usually sit?" I curiously asked.

"In that corn--"

Woohyun interrupted her at that moment, blocking our view. Hyo Jin gasped with shock as she saw Woohyun and slapped the palm of her hand on her lips, realising how loud she was being.

"New girl, come to the library straight after eating. I'll give you 10 minutes, or else we won't have time to do anything," he said bluntly whilst walking away before I could even respond.

Hyo Jin and I settled down on a table. Immediately, I took a spoonful of rice and shovelled it down my mouth. Using my metal chopsticks, I quickly ate strands of kimchi as if I was fighting against time.

I finished my dinner exactly in 8 minutes which meant that I had two minutes spare to get there on time.

I'm seriously not looking forward to this.

"Hyo Jin, I'll talk to you later!" I said whilst picking up my tray, launching my backpack onto my shoulder.

After searching for the library, I had finally made it. Entering the silent room, Woohyun and Da In were both sat 'cosily' in front of a computer screen.

I walked up to them, taking a deep breath, "How far have you gotten? Made any notes?" I asked.

Da In flicked her hair, "I think you should write notes. My oppa is tired, it wouldn't hurt for you to do all of the project?"

Bitch.

"No way am I doing all of this project. There's three of us," I replied angrily.

"Lets get a move on then," Woohyun responded at out bickering.

As he clicked the play button, I sat down at the edge of the table. Da In really thought I'd do all the work? Dream on and 'my oppa' what is that? Are they even dating?

We all watched the film whilst noting down important scenes. By we, I meant on my own with Da In copying me word for word.

The bell rang as we gathered our bags, ready to leave the library. Our class teacher handed out a letter to us all.

"Our class is going on a outdoor trip in two weeks and I would like everyone to go. It'll be 2 nights, 3 days where you'll all be staying in cabins with boys and girls." She continued, "It'll be a fun opportunity where you can play games, survival activities and become closer with each other. I suggest everyone who has decided to go will start packing their bags anytime soon and don't leave it last minute," the teacher announced.

We all received a letter and surprisingly, I was actually excited to go. Hyo Jin had told me before that it was a great fun and relaxing experience.

After school

It was already the end of the day and I stood waiting for a bus. I looked up into the sky as a droplet of rain trickled down my cheek, followed by another one. I rushed to get my pastel, floral umbrella out and opened it as fast as I could before the rain threw itself down.

I could hear the pouring rain fall down as it hit the ground. It was hailstone and that stuff hurt.

I turned to my left, moving my umbrella out of my way and noticed Woohyun stood there. The droplets of rain slid down on the strands of his hair like a slide as he leant against the bus pole.

Should I have let him get underneath my umbrella..?

He sneezed as the rain got heavier.

I took one step forward and hesitated before gathering my courage. I walked closer, stuttering like a complete idiot,

"W-W-Would you like to come underneath?"

He glanced over, noticing me whilst smirking. What did that mean? I lifted the umbrella higher so that it was at his head level. He pulled himself closer to me whilst lowering his head until he sort of towered over me.

I avoided eye contact with him just like he did as we both waited for the bus silently.

"Thanks," Woohyun broke the awkward silence.

Am I blushing?

My face started to burn up for no reason. It wasn't that I liked him or anything, but because of how close he was next to me. He was that close that at this point in Korean dramas, you'd be listening to each other's heartbeat, or leaning in for a kiss that consisted of the lead girl frozen with her lips sealed whilst standing there like a complete lemon.

Thankfully, we were facing the road and not each other's lips. After a few minutes, the bus slowly pulled in and I closed my umbrella whilst shaking all of the rain off.

I unlocked my phone whilst seated on the bus and checked the time, 16:20.

Holy crap. We stood together for over twenty minutes?!

I left my umbrella on the seat beside me for it to hopefully dry whilst pulling two earphones into my ear, listening to Infinite.

Woohyun was directly sat on the opposite side of the bus, looking outside. His side of the window fogged up as he breathed directly onto the glass, making him wipe it as we caught eye contact by the window reflection.

He thought I was weird, right?

At that second, I changed my direction and faced the old ahjumma who was watching me all that time.

I avoided eye contact with anyone who I came across, and continuously stared at my phone for 15 minutes.

I pressed the bell at my bus stop and grabbed my bag whilst walking down the bus lane to the bus door which opened.

"Thank you," I said to the bus driver as I got off.

The sun came out and you could only smell the dewy petrichor from the heavy rain which had occurred over half an hour ago.

I began slowly walking to my house until I realised..my umbrella.

•Woohyun's POV

I watched the rain trickle down the window, making them compete with each other to the finish line like a kid in the back of my dad's car.

There were roughly 8 people on the bus left. Without myself noticing, Ailey had already gotten off the bus. I glanced over to see her umbrella sat there, abandoned.

I stretched over to pick it up with my left hand. It was damp, but not dripping wet, so I shoved it into my bag before getting off the bus.

I'll give it to her tomorrow.

****

Thank you readers! Please vote & comment!