Twenty Six Part One

The ships met once again upon the sea, the Omega had made it's way back to follow the shoreline, it came to rest in a bay to await the Wench.

Eli stood at the rail, watching, as the men slid the boarding plank between the two.

He then stood at one end, while Violet approached the other.

"How may I assist you, Commander?"
Violet was extremely curious when Elizabeth came to the rail of the Omega, a frustrated frown upon her face.

"I have decided to give you an opportunity to turn yourself over into my custody, it may speak well to the King, if you are indeed on your way to seek a pardon." Eli had decided he would rather not have the young lady spitting fire at him the entire trip, so he worded his request respectively.

Violet looked at Marcus who stood next to him. "I am going, you will have Brutus' back?"

"Of course." Marcus could see Violet was not in the least upset by the commander's request.

Marcus did realize however, he had missed his opportunity. Now Violet would be aboard the Omega, and Marcus would not have a chance to tell him before they reached London.

Violet addressed Eli, "I have to give instructions to my crew, and I would like to bring my wife a few things, would that be acceptable, Sir?" Violet smiled at Elizabeth, who had calmed a bit, as she realized at least Violet would be joining her.

"Perfectly understandable, Captain, let us be on our way as soon as we can."
Eli turned to Eleanor, "When he comes aboard, you may go back. I realize your things are aboard that ship and I would have you comfortable, my Lady."

Eli would not need Eleanor if he had Elizabeth and her husband, Ellie may as well go back and have her cabin and her things.

Eleanor was pleased. Eli may be stubborn, but apparently her argument had gotten through his thick skull.

Violet signaled Brutus to follow him as he made his way below to the captain's cabin.

"I will need you to to do some things once we arrive. I do not know what the old man has up his sleeve, but you will have to take care of a few things that I probably will not be able to do." Violet was gathering a bag of clothing, he and Elizabeth's toiletries, the journal and her Papa's bible.

"Whatever you need, Violet." Brutus stood nearby waiting for his directions.

"There is Timothy and Jonah, send Pete to inquire after their grandfather's whereabouts."

"Aye." Brutus nodded.

"Have the first of the King's gifts delivered, and send Marcus after the rest." Violet looked around, he thought he had all he needed.

"Anything else?" Brutus asked.

"All of this is contingent on whether you are detained upon docking. If so, we will have to rely on Marcus and Katherine to keep the boys and have the things delivered. If you are not detained just try to accomplish what you can before turning yourselves in."

"I will make sure Marcus is informed of what we need done." Brutus followed Violet out and up.

Vi hugged his mother, then he embraced Marcus, patting him upon the back, "Not quite as eventful as a kidnapping, is it Marcus? But then, it is better than nothing."

Marcus feigned disappointment. "I was just starting to enjoy the spy business, too."

"Anything helpful you learned before I go?" Violet asked.

Marcus grinned, "No, not a thing."

Violet grinned back at him, then kissed Katherine's cheek. "Take care of Katy for me." He directed this at Marcus.