Twenty Five Part Two

The Ducal residence was abuzz with activity.

The Duke and Duchess were traveling to Marlborough on the morrow, their things were being packed for the upcoming journey.

Now that Admiral Miser had received his due, Drake and Arianna felt free to pursue their own interests.

They were both very interested in visiting Drake's estate in Trent. Drake had not seen the estate for the last eight years. He had left it in the care of his father's hands, but Drake was ready to take over the responsibility now that he had returned. He looked forward to returning to Trent, he remembered it well and had thought of the place often while he had been away.

Arianna was looking forward to being able to set up her own household, she could not wait to get a look at, and get acclimated to her new home. Drake had assured her she would be happy there, and she had no doubts of that, as long as he were there with her.

Trent would be their home now for most of the year, and Arianna was anxious to make it her own, well before the baby came.

Pedro and Carmelita would be traveling with them, the King had given them a few months time before they needed to go back to the island that Bailey no longer ruled, the island where they would return to live and raise their children.

Arianna hoped to see Pedro relax a little once they arrived at Trent. He was always worried about something or another, and it seemed to Arianna, he could use some time to simply enjoy having his family back with him.

They would all be leaving together in a few hours time, once everyone had packed the things that they wanted to take with them.

Upon awakening that morning, Arianna had sipped her warmed milk and chocolate, as she nibbled on a point of toast cautiously. She paid close attention to her stomach to not eat too much and become nauseous again.

She did not feel as though she wanted to eat anything, but she knew to do that, would not be any better.

Arianna had decided to try something different every morning until she found the right routine that would ebb her roiling belly. So far this morning, she was doing fine.

She and Margaret were packing her things. Margaret's babe was sleeping, and while he did, Margaret helped wherever she was needed. And even though Margaret was very helpful, Arianna missed Betsy terribly.

Ari had known she would. It was just one of the many reasons she had not wanted Betsy to leave her, it was most strange to be home and without her.

Poor Margaret had been called Betsy a few too many times already.

"I am sorry Margaret, I just find it hard to remember that Betsy is no longer with me." Arianna smiled sheepishly at the small maid after doing it once again.

Margaret was not offended. She had liked Miss Betsy and she hoped that the pirate was taking good care of her.

Margaret had experienced mixed feelings about Betsy absconding with a pirate. Especially one that had ties to Marcus Bailey. Margaret had been given that information from the Wench's first mate.

Yet, the man, Brutus, had also said he was glad that Bailey had been apprehended. Margaret had enjoyed the few times she and Brutus had spoken together, and the pirate had even held her son once or twice. He had seemed very respectful and nice, for a pirate. Hopefully, Betsy's pirate captain was respectful and nice as well.

"I hope she fares well, also, my Lady." Margaret knew Arianna was more than a little worried about her friend, and she commiserated.

"She had better be fairing well or I know a pirate who will be incredibly sorry if she is not." Arianna adopted a shrewd look. She wished she could know for sure that Betsy was alright, but she prayed Betsy was well and happy. Hopefully, she would receive word from Betsy soon.