Thirty Six Part One

Coming to vows part of the wedding ceremony, Katherine excitedly awaited the moment when she could state her 'I do's' and become Marcus's bride.

Marcus took in a good breath, squeezing Katherine's hands lightly, while he rolled up on the balls of feet, before settling back to his heels.

Katherine thought that Marcus' impatience to also be about their 'I do's' was adorable.

It was then that Katherine realized, Marcus was winding up to speak.

Marcus saw the light dawn upon her face, as she looked a small amount stricken for a moment.

Katherine was highly aware that she did not do well in a spotlight. She tended to freeze in situations when many eyes were upon her, it was just her nature, her cross to bear. Oh, please, Marcus, she thought, she was just barely hanging on as it was....

Would she be expected to.....? As they had in the churchyard all those years ago?

Then he spoke, "My Katy girl, my dearest love."

Katherine became enthralled immediately with his warm words. Well, really, who would not when he started out such?

She squeezed Marcus's hands tightly, as his eyes shone with emotion.

"I, Marcus, swear to you, Katherine," his voice held passion and conviction, "To be forever yours from this day forward. To cleave unto you...." Marcus's eyebrows wiggled as he smiled wickedly for a second, " To love you most passionately," His eyes then sparkled with promise, "To cherish, care for, and honor you always, in any circumstances we may find ourselves in, as long as I have breath in my body."

Katherine looked up at him, surprised by his humor, touched by his words and overcome by the passion in his voice.

Her mind drew a blank, though she knew it was her turn.

Marcus squeezed her hands and looked to her hopefully.

She gulped, and looked to Violet quickly, as if he may be able to help her.

Violet could see her dilemma, he knew her all too well, having flustered her his own self too many times before. He immediately recognized her panic for what it was. He did not help at all, as he barely controlled his laughter. Vi snorted once. And raised his hand to rub at his mouth.

Katherine flew her eyes back to Marcus's, and she squeezed his hands as she squeaked, "Me too!"

Violet erupted with laughter.

Betsy was confused, as Katherine faced away from her, but Marcus laughed also, and the King chuckled beside her.

Katherine shaded red as a beet, looking down to Marcus's hands that clasped her own.

The reverend waited patiently, quite amused himself, while Marcus and Violet cleared their throats of mirth. The crew, Damien, and Alfred were found to be chuckling also.

Katherine felt Marcus squeeze her hands again lightly, so she looked up tentatively to his eyes, as her blush hopefully began to fade.

"What God has joined together, let not man put asunder." The reverend stated.

Katherine finally heard the words she had waited all these years to hear.... What God has joined.

She was now Marcus's wife, as she had always hoped to be. Violet was now Marcus's son, as he was meant to be. They were finally a true family and Katherine's prayers had been answered.

Katherine threw her arms around Marcus's neck and kissed him soundly, while he tried, but could not quite, smile a little less widely.

Violet then embraced his parents, their friends and family coming forward to congratulate them.