Thirty Five Part Four

It was almost time.

Betsy sat with the crew in the front of the church. Her feet dangled and she swung one leg slowly, while turned slightly towards the aisle, in a large, sturdy pew. An empty space left between her and the aisle was unoccupied, intended for the King. Brutus, Margaret and Sam already arrived and had taken seats on the other side of her.

Violet awaited the beginning of the ceremony, standing in the front of the church, with his father and the King's reverend.

Betsy flirted covertly with her gorgeous husband, giving him hungry looks, while softly nipping upon her bottom lip.

Violet narrowed his eyes and shook his head at her.

Right now, standing in front of a church filled with his crew, it was definitely not a good time for her to get a rise out of him.

Betsy laughed, her eyes twinkling merrily at him, before she then narrowed them and gave him an austere look in return for his.

Violet regarded her fondly, amused and aroused, from the front of the sanctuary.

Smirking and shaking his head, his look promised retribution, before Violet forced his attention back to Marcus, hoping to stay out of trouble.

Pete and Rebecca arrived at the rear of the church, entering the impressive sanctuary arm in arm, they began immediately looking about them at the intricately wrought pictures that were etched in colored glass.

Rebecca continued to take in the sanctuary's beauty, as Pete guided her to proceed slowly up the center aisle.

The pair passed in front of Elizabeth, Brutus, Margaret, and Sam, smiling and nodding, as they approached their seats on the other side of them.

Sam nodded to the pair, before exchanging a mischievous look with Brutus.

Not that Brutus was much better off, Sam thought, as he saw Margaret lean forward and glance his way.

Sam winked at the small maid. She smiled sweetly, hiding her smile behind her hand, before her eyes fell to the floor, the smile still residing upon her face.

Sam looked to Brutus and smiled widely, "Me thinks Pete is a bit smitten." Sam whispered to his captain.

Both Sam, and Brutus, were wondering if Pete had met his match.

Sam had rarely seen Pete this past week. When all had traveled to Marcus's estate, he had seen him then.

But Pete had been in the company of the boys and their aunt at the estate, he also had gone home with them afterwards.

Other than that one time, and fleeting glimpses, Pete and Paulie had both been scarce around the Wench these days.

Sam could not really blame his friend, as the boys' aunt was definitely an attractive woman.

Yet, Sam did know how hard it had been for Josh to sail away, leaving his family behind to not know how they faired for months at a time.

Would Pete find himself in that same situation before long?

Sam could only be left to wonder, as he smiled kindly at Rebecca while she took her seat.

Pete sat between the two of them, and having caught Marcus and Violet's eyes across the empty space, he nodded to them, smiling encouragingly.

The Wench's crew were seated in the first two rows of the left side of the chapel.

The cabin boys were dressed in their finery Eleanor had purchased them for Violet and Betsy's wedding. All of them were seated in the second row on the right side.