Twenty Four Part Two

Violet awoke after fortifying himself with a few more hours of sleep aboard ship. Betsy slept as the dead beside him, her mouth open slightly, a soft snore escaping her lips.

Violet smiled, as he thought that she would smack him if she knew he were gazing upon her thus.

He chuckled softly and moved gently away from her. His sweet, little Puritan had worn herself out the night before.

Violet smiled as he used the privy, he smiled as he washed his hands and face, he smiled as he shaved, cleaned his teeth, and dressed. He smiled as he pulled his hair back and tied it off tight.

He smiled down upon her once more, before he exited their cabin and entered the hallway, where he managed to whistle and grin at the same time.

His ship was at sea, and he had a hankering to sail her.

**********************************************************

Katy and Ellie were sewing in the galley. They each worked on the remaining pieces of the King's bribe gift.

Paulie and Jonah sat further down the same table with Phillip and Zach. They were entertaining themselves, creating with the clay, teaching Jonah to make turtles of all different sizes.

The ladies sat towards the galley, where Violet appeared, looking quite pleased with himself as he grabbed a mug. "Morning, ladies, gentlemen." Violet nodded towards each group, a huge grin upon his face. "A lovely day, is it not?" He went about pouring coffee.

"Yes, Violet, a lovely day, if you do not mind the cold air and a grey, cloudy sky." Katherine raised a brow at him and laughed. "Have you even been topside yet, son?" Katherine wore Marcus' longcoat and Ellie had a short fur coat she wore over her dress. Violet then noticed Paulie and the boys had added sweaters to their attire. He had not even noticed the cloudy day nor the cold air.

"Not yet, but I am heading that way." He downed his coffee and then poured and swallowed another. Picking up a scone from the counter, he retraced his steps as he ate, heading to his cabin to get a jacket.

Betsy had not moved in the slightest. This renewed his grin, along with his manly achievement in his eyes, and he made his way topside a well satisfied man.

"Yo Brutus, how are things going?" Vi stepped lively up to the helm deck, taking the wheel from Brutus, he lifted his face into the wind.

"Just fine now that the grade school population of young girls has been left behind." Brutus smacked Vi's arm, as Violet grinned mischievously.

"What?" Violet asked, innocently.

"The eldest of their bunch, got a bright idea and decided to compromise me and force my hand is what!" Brutus punched Violet in the arm this time.

"Ohhhh, well, I can not be blamed for that, mate." Violet acted injured. "I can not take credit for the whim of a woman." Violet demurred, as if he had nothing to do with it.

"It was said, that the captain said, I was bride shopping. I only know of one captain, Captain!" Brutus hit him again.

"Alright alright, enough." Violet laughed, even as he rubbed his arm. "I am guilty, just do not hit me anymore."

"I should throw you over the side, after the scene her father made!" Brutus growled.

"It was directed at her, I hope." Violet cringed, as he wondered what exactly had happened after he and Betsy had left the wedding party.

"Not at all, Violet, he chased me all the way back to the ship. I almost did not stay ahead of him." Brutus glared, as Violet threw his head back and laughed.