Chapter 23: Long Live The Queen

****

Preparations start a full three days in advance.

For three days Jeongguk watches as the entire Citadel is turned upside down to prepare for, what he has learned, is the first royal wedding in nearly two centuries. Jeongguk thinks there should probably be some pressure with that, but there isn't.

As he and Taehyung have their final fittings, as he sees the servants work tirelessly to finish the decorating, as he overhears the Shields working out their rotating shifts during the ceremony...All of this commotion and he's excited.

He's getting married. He's getting married to the greatest man he's ever met in his entire life. He's going to promise himself to the one person he wants to be with forever and the whole world is going to know.

When the morning finally comes Jeongguk's eyes blink open slowly, excitement already buzzing under his skin as he buries his face in Taehyung's chest. Gently fingers slip under his babydoll and Jeongguk hums, letting Taehyung slide a knee between his thighs.

"G' morning," he murmurs, never quite getting used to Taehyung's nocturnal lifestyle, and he feels a kiss against his hair. "Did you sleep, Taehyungie?" He asks, pressing a lazy kiss to Taehyung's bare skin. He feels a shiver down his spine and he smiles, kissing again.

"How can I sleep and miss out on the beautiful sight beside me?" Is what he gets back and Jeongguk's cheeks burn.

"Cheesy, Taehyungie," he says and he hears a soft laugh above him.

The hand on his hip tightens and Jeongguk lets himself be pulled closer, wiggling up a little further so they're finally face-to-face. Taehyung smiles at him, his curly hair a mess against the satin under their heads. Jeongguk rakes his fingers through his hair, his red nails bright against his locks. The king's eyes close at the soft touch and Jeongguk hitches his leg a little higher, hooking over his hip to pull him closer. Taehyung lets him, hips rolling forward.

Jeongguk swallows back a gasp, fingers freezing.

"We cannot stay in bed forever, my dear," Taehyung murmurs, a wide palm pushing up Jeongguk's spine. "We have a busy day." However, he doesn't push him away- instead, rocking his hips again.

Jeongguk whines, his body moving in time with Taehyung's. He lets go of his hair just to loop his arm around his shoulders and Taehyung holds him tight against his chest.

"Just, just a few more minutes," Jeongguk begs quietly, "please, Taehyungie." He's still blinking sleep from his eyes but he presses a sloppy kiss to Taehyung's cheek, breath hitching as he feels his cock drag against the material of Taehyung's sleep pants. He stutters out a soft moan, forehead pressing against Taehyung's.

The blankets are still high around their shoulders, their bodies still wrapped up in the warmth they're so comfortable in. Jeongguk's toes curl as he feels Taehyung's thigh press hard between his legs and he doesn't hesitate to grind down against it, hips rolling.

His body is slowly perking up, sleep melting from his limbs as it's replaced with the mind-numbing feeling he always gets with Taehyung.

Jeongguk leans in, lips pressing hard against Taehyung's. Tongue pressing past his lips, moans swallowed up between them. Taehyung sucks on his lower lip, eyes peeking open to see how Jeongguk shakes in his arms. His teeth nip and Jeongguk's mouth drops open even further, letting him tug until his lips are red, swelling up from the abuse.

"Stunning," Taehyung near growls, mouth sliding along the curve of his jaw to settle just over his throat. He doesn't bite, not yet- that's for later- but Jeongguk's head tips back to let him suck soft pink marks that will fade within minutes. Soft possessiveness, just between them.