67 - Cursed Contrary Jewel

Mousse scoured through whatever container he could find. He had snuck into the Cat Café while Shampoo and Cologne were out, and he knew he only had a few minutes to find what he was looking for before someone came back and caught him.

'Where is it?! I've got to get Shampoo to love me!' He picked up a small box and tried to yank it open, but it was tightly locked. He smacked it against the edge of a nearby table and broke the lock. "It must be in..." he opened the jewelry box and picked up the jewel he had been searching for, holding it up to eye level, "here."

"Old woman! I'm here to see Shampoo!"

Cologne looked over her shoulder at the young Mousse who came into her home. She turned back to her box of jewels and brooches as she told him, "Hasn't Shampoo rejected you twice by now?"

"No. Only once, and that was only because I talked to the old bull, thinking it was her." He came over to the table and pointed to the glasses on his face. "I've got my glasses on now, so I can propose to her correctly."

She chuckled. "You're both too young for marriage."

"What's this?" Mousse held up a green jewel with a frowny face on it.

Cologne bristled before she took it from him and locked it up in her jewelry box. "That's none of your concern, young man. Shampoo is down by the riverside, playing with friends. If you hurry, you can catch her before she leaves." She watched him leave before letting out a little sigh.

Mousse came back to the present as he stared at the jewel. He smirked. "This is it. Just what I need."

"Mousse!" He turned around and saw Cologne on her staff, glaring at him. "That jewel is no plaything. Give it to me now."

"No way, old woman! I need it to get Shampoo back!" The young man slid past her, knocking her staff off-balance. But, as Cologne gracefully landed on her feet, she used the bottom of her staff to knock Mousse's glasses off of his face. On the way out of the Cat Cafe, he ran into a telephone pole, stepped on a stray dog's tail, and slammed into a mailbox before he could even get to the end of the street.

Granny Cologne sighed before looking back at the mess Mousse had made while looking for the jewel. She was skeptical Mousse knew exactly how to use the jewel, but it was bound to cause trouble in his hands.

Meanwhile, at the local running track, the gang had gathered to have a chill day together. The boys were preparing to race each other on the track while the girls sat on a bench nearby to watch. Everyone was dressed casually since it was a hot day.

Ranma tapped his shoes on the ground as he took off his shirt, revealing the white tank top he was wearing underneath. "Alright, let's do this. Don't cry when I win, boys. Remember your girlfriends are watching."

Ryoga scoffed. "Is that why you took your shirt off? Because your fiance is watching?"

"At least I have muscles to flaunt!"

While Ranma and Ryoga argued, (Name) was staring at Ranma's chest and arms with a blush on her face. Akane caught her staring and nudged her side, grinning. "What's that you're staring at, (Name)?"

Just as Ranma turned to look at her, (Name) turned her body around and pointed off somewhere. "That, there, is just so interesting, isn't it?!" She laughed nervously while inwardly dying from embarrassment. Pretty soon, the boys started racing and (Name) turned back and glared at Akane. "Can't a girl just admire some muscles without being called out?"

Shampoo laughed while Akane apologized. "Sorry, sorry! I didn't know Ranma had heard me!"

Behind them, Mousse quietly poked his head out from a bush. He looked down at his hand, even though his vision was blurry. 'This jewel will help to create some tension with Shampoo and Kuno. I'll put it on her, she'll hate him so much she'll break up with him, and I'll swoop in to comfort her and take his place.'