1 - Surprise Engagement

Author's Note: I decided to publish this after rewatching the first 23 episodes of Ranma 1/2. I love the anime so much, so I wrote an 'X Reader' for it. There aren't many of them in existence. I hope that you all enjoy this, and I am still working on my other stories. I took a break for Christmas. Anyway, enjoy!

Soft music filled the Tendo Training Hall as the 2 youngest Tendo daughters practiced. Akane, the martial artist of the two girls, grunted quietly as she punched cinder blocks into pieces.

"That felt great..." She said to herself, wiping the sweat from her brow. Her dark hair was tied behind her with a ribbon, keeping the strands away from her fiery eyes. She glanced over at her sister as the young girl came into her peripheral vision. "(Name), why don't you practice with me instead of dancing?"

(Name) Tendo spun in a semi circle before turning her attention to her sister. Her (Eye Color) orbs sparkled brightly as she smiled. "Akane, I'm just not as good a fighter as you. As long as I can defend myself, I'll be alright."

"But, what if basic defense isn't enough? You know how much I worry about you, (Name)."

A sigh escaped (Name)'s lips as she shook her head at her sister. "Akane, I'll be fine. Don't worry about me." For good measure, she reached out and caught Akane's fist before it could collide with a new cinder block and pulled it apart, holding her hand assuredly.

Akane couldn't help but giggle softly at the sweet close-eyed smile she received. However, the moment was cut short by the loud call from their father. The girls turned in the direction of the voice in alarm. "Papa must have some important news to be yelling across the house like that."

Akane nodded in agreement. "Come on, let's go and see."

Once all of the Tendo daughters were gathered in the living room, Soun Tendo nodded in acknowledgement toward them. "Girls, please have a seat. I have some good news for you all." He gripped the post card in his hand tightly, as if it would pain him to let it go.

As soon as (Name) sat down by the table and looked up at her father, she gasped in surprise. "Papa, you've been crying." It was true; still warm tears stained Mr. Tendo's face.

He chuckled and waved off his daughter's concern. "It's okay, (Name), these are tears of overwhelming joy."

"Overwhelming joy?" Kasumi, the eldest daughter, questioned. "What do you mean, Father?"

"I've arranged for one of you girls to be married! This marriage will keep the Tendo Martial Arts Training Hall open for years to come."

The news came as a shock to all four of the girls. However, Akane was the most upset of them all. "Married?! Married?! Dad, what's the big idea?!"

"We don't even know who this guy is, Daddy." Nabiki chimed in. She had her head rested in her palm as she spoke, showing her disposition on the subject.

Kasumi seemed the most calm about the situation. She quietly sipped her cup of tea as she listened to her sisters. (Name), however, simply looked down at her lap, deep in thought. 'Marriage..? To keep the Training Hall open?'

"Who is it that might marry one of us, anyway?" Nabiki asked.

Mr. Tendo smiled in pride and joy. "My dear friend Genma Saotome is returning from China with his son, Ranma. Ranma is the one who one of you will marry. He and Genma have been training in China these past few years."

"Ooh, China." Nabiki cooed.

Akane was less than impressed. "So what? Anyone can go to China and train for a few years." She crossed her arms defiantly.