18 - Curses, Curses, and Nonsense Battles!

Shampoo threw the training hall door open. "Shampoo need help! Need Ranma and Pig Boy to fight Boyfriend Kuno!"

(Name) tilted her head. "'Boyfriend' Kuno? You and Kuno are dating? When did that happen?"

"What do you mean, fight?" Akane asked. "Why would Ranma and Ryoga have to fight Kuno?"

Shampoo sat down in front of them and explained her situation. "Great-Grandmother coming to make me choose husband! But, I choose Kuno as boyfriend!"

"Just tell your great-grandma that you want to date Kuno before deciding to marry him."

"No. Great-Grandmother won't understand. She only believe in Amazon Law; not Japanese way of dating." Shampoo pouted sadly. "I no want to marry your fiance or boyfriend."

"R-Ryoga's not my boyfriend!" Akane blushed, embarrassed.

(Name) nudged her sister in the side. "That's besides the point. We have to help her, Akane. For the boys' sake."

Akane crossed her arms. "Fine. But, what will them fighting Kuno do?"

Shampoo smiled. "If Boyfriend Kuno defeat Ranma and Pig Boy, then Great-Grandmother bless our union!"

"Oh, I understand." (Name) said. "If the boys know about the fight instead of Kuno just ambushing them, then they can be prepared to lose."

Akane looked at her sister skeptically. "And, just what makes you believe that they'll willingly lose?"

"We just have to explain it to them. I'm sure that they'll say 'yes!'"

"No." Ranma and Ryoga said together. (Name) had went to get the and explain Shampoo's request.

Akane gave her a knowing look, which the twin stuck her tongue out at. Then, (Name) turned to the boys to plead with them to comply. "Come on, guys! Please?"

Ranma crossed his arms and scowled. "There's no way I'm going to let Kuno beat me; I'll never hear the end of it!"

"And, I don't know who this Kuno guy is." Ryoga said, frowning. "I refuse to let his first impression of me be that I'm weak!"

Ranma looked at him and smirked smugly. "You'd rather he get to know you and be disappointed?"

"Shut up, Ranma! Are you looking to fight me?!" He grabbed Ranma's collar with his fist ready to hit.

(Name) and Akane shouted simultaneously in aggravation, "Ranma, Ryoga, stop it! This is serious!"

Ranma shivered, and then whispered to Ryoga, "Ugh, they did that weird twin thing, where they talk at the same time."

"It was actually kind of interesting. Hey, can you two do that again?" He boldly asked the girls, ignoring their angry faces.

"No! Now, pay attention!" They shouted together, again. Ryoga grinned like an impressed kid while Ranma stuck his tongue out, creeped out by them talking together.

Akane angrily put her arm on the table as she spoke, "Shampoo is trying to help us, as well as herself and Kuno. Her great-grandmother is coming to Japan to see who her future great-grandson-in-law will be."

"As far as Amazon Law is concerned, that'll be one of you. Unless, you are both defeated in battle by Kuno. Then, he becomes Shampoo's fiance, and you both don't have to worry about anything!" (Name) finished.

Ranma frowned. "There's no way that'll work. Kuno will know if I'm not giving it my all."

(Name) rolled her eyes. "Oh, please? How long has it been since you've seen each other; he won't know the difference! Shampoo is with him right now, telling him about the plan. He won't be fighting at full strength, either. That way, it'll look like a real fight."