Guns and crushes

Alex had spoken to Chris about where her mother would be staying and they had decided it was best for her to stay in a cell at the DEO, to ensure that she wasn't a threat. Jack had visited Gwen nearly everyday, he too was worried that this Gwen wasn't the same as his old wife. Lena had gotten to know the woman who had given birth to her however couldn't bring herself to call her 'mum', Lena too had her suspicions after she had talked bad about Kara.

Alex and Chris sat in Alex's apartment and decided to watch Alex's favourite movie. Once the movie had ended, neither of them were tired so they stayed up and talked, it wasn't until 3am that they had fallen asleep. Chris was a light sleeper and woke up due to the faintest of sounds. Alex lay next to her on the bed as her head was nuzzled into Chris's neck. Chris heard a sound coming from the apartment door which jolted her awake. She carefully moved from the bed and ensured that Alex was still asleep. She heard the noise again and grabbed Alex's gun from underneath the countertop. She stood by the door and pointed the gun up. The door carefully opened and revealed a brunette woman standing there.

The woman who stood before Chris also reached for gun raising it at the woman.

"Get out or I'll shoot" the woman spoke.

"What do YOU mean 'get out' You get out."

Chris cocked the gun and so did the brunette.

Alex began to stir in her sleep. She leaned over to cuddle into Chris but was greeted by the coldness of the bed. "Chris?"

"It's okay baby, just go back to sleep"

Alex lifted her head off her bed and looked up at her studio apartment, there she saw her a gun pointing at her girlfriend and instantly she reached for another gun by her bed and pointed it at the brunette. Not recognising the woman.

"Really Danvers? You're gonna shoot me again?"

"Maggie?" Alex lowered her gun and Maggie did the same. Chris kept hers pointing at the woman.

"Maggie umm who is Maggie?"

"Oh, yeah, Chris, this is Maggie my ex"

"Oh, do all your ex's come into your apartment at 4am and point guns at your girlfriend?"

"Girlfriend?"

"Yes, girlfriend and no Chris, Maggie told me she would be coming round sometime this week to get some things that she left here and I told her to just use the spare key."

"Some things that she left here for over a year. Okay then" Chris gave her girlfriend a deep kiss letting the brunette know that Alex was hers.

"I'm gonna go back to bed baby. I'll be waiting for you" Chris gave a suggestive wink whilst Alex walked Maggie out of the apartment. Telling her to come back during the day.

Alex made her way to the bed where Chris was already laying down. Chris had her back faced towards Alex and refused Alex's request to come closer.

"Okay, what did I do?"

"You know what you done."

"What? Is this about Maggie?"

Chris did not reply. Confirming Alex's suspicions.

"Chris."

Silence.

"Chris. Stop ignoring me. I'm sorry I didn't tell you that she was coming over. I was going to I promise, I just completely forgot all about her when I was with you, and I didn't think she would come here at 4 in the morning. She probably just got off her shift. She's been working a lot more since your dad has been staying at the DEO"