The Father

Alex made her way to her bike which was parked outside of Chris's apartment. She placed the helmet on her head and gave Chris another helmet.

"Alex what are you doing?"

"We are going to your dads house?"

"Alex get off your bike we are going in my car. My hair always gets ruined when I go on bikes"

"Okay fine."

They made their way to Chris's garage where she had a car and a 2015 Kawasaki Vulcan S. Alex stood in awe of the motorbike and her jaw dropped.

"Close your mouth you are gonna catch some flies"

"That's a- that's a 2015 Kawasaki Vulcan S"

"Correct"

"Omg Chris this bike OH MY GOD CHRIS THIS BIKE IS BEAUTIFUL"

"And here I thought you liked girls"

"Shhh I'm having a moment with the bike"

"Okay but when your 'moment' is over can you please join me in the car so we can go and tell my dad that is dead wife isn't so dead anymore"

"Hmm oh yeah let's go"

Alex sat in the passenger seat and they drove to Chris's childhood home.

Once they had arrived Chris and Alex stood on the doorstep, Chris took a deep breath and Alex held her hand and smiled a smile which spoke for itself I got you, it's gonna be okay.

Chris knocked on the door and her dad opened the door with a smile on his face.

"Chris! And a random lady who I assume is the girlfriend? Alex right?"

"Yes hi. It's a pleasure to meet you sir"

"Hi, come on in"

The two women sat down in the living room. Alex sat close to the brunette and held her hand tight.

"Okay what's with the nervous face? Don't tell me you got her pregnant." Jack laughed to himself.

"Mums alive" Jack's laugh abruptly stopped.

"That's not funny Chris."

"Good thing I'm not joking then"

"She- no she can't be alive. Chris I saw her die in front of me. Chris I held her in my arms when she took her last breath. I don't know what's wrong with you but you know you can't talk about your mother like that"

"Dad. Remember when I told you that Lena gave me a job to help investigate her death?" Jack nodded "I was in the lab and Alex came to help me and she saw something I was too scared to notice. Dad I told you about the dead cells and everything?"

"Yeah"

"Those cells dad they weren't dead cells. Dad that means she's alive."

"But she- no wait. Why would she leave us? Why would she leave her husband and her daughter?"

" I don't know but me and Alex are looking for her"

"I am sir. I have my best agents on the team and we are looking for her"

"Agents?"

"Oh umm Alex works for the FBI"

"Ok uh Alex I think I have something that could help."

"Anything would be amazing. Alex took out her notebook and pen"

"She has a sister. They were very close but her sister took a turn for the dark and she tried to save her but she was too far in. She always spoke of her sister and talked about reuniting when they were able to."