Chapter 31

Chapter 31
"What is there to hide?"

Recap:
"Let's cross paths in the future" Shoto says to me as they were beginning to leave.

"Yeah! Definitely!" I say as I waved my hands, "also Happy New Years!" I say and they waved their hands at me.

"You too!" I watched as they disappeared into the crowd as I sit back down on the bench. Suddenly I hear someone's loud foot steps, making my head shoot up to see a Katsuki bolting at me. I stand up to raise my hands in defense,

"Tsuki! Wait hold on- before you kill me-!" My eyes widened when his hand reached out and grabbed my shoulder, pulling me into a hug. "T-Tsuki...?" I say as I was completely caught off guard.

He smelled super sweet and his heart was pounding so hard I could feel it with my hands pressed against his parka, "Don't leave my side again" he voice speaks as his voice was full of worry.

My lips curl into a frown as my hands moved to return the hug, "Okay. I'm sorry I worried you. It won't happen again" I speak.

Suddenly, he grabs my shoulders before ripping me off of him, "WHY THE HELL WERE YOU NOT ANSWERING YOUR PHONE YOU PIECE OF SHIT?" He yells and I sweat drop. I'm still dead meat.

-y/n pov-

"I'm so glad you're okay" mom says and I was broken from getting a double lecture, one from Katsuki and one from Dad.

"The count down is soon. Should we head in?" Mitsuki asked and mom nods. Kazue scoffs at me as I sweat drop. Suddenly, I feel something in my hand. I look over and see Katsuki standing next to me. His gloved fingers interlocked with mine as he doesn't dare look down at me.

"Wipe the goddamn look off your face" he says continuing to look straight ahead, beginning to walk which pulled me along, "I'm only fucking doing this because we are going to loose you again"

"Okay" I nod, brightening as I moved my feet quicker to keep up pace with him. We walked passed the shrine and to the large area where people were beginning to gather for the countdown. Soon enough people began to count down and it only got louder as people continued to join in the countdown. After, almost, everyone yelled 1, everyone yelled happy new year. Our eyes all hit the sky as there was fireworks to celebrate the new year.

I bounced in excitement as the colors filled the sky. After the fireworks were finished we all lined up for praying. Mom and Mitsuki was first, followed by Kazue and dad, Masaru, and then Katsuki and I.

He lets go of my hand as we walked up. When we reached to the box, we threw our 5 yen coins inside before bowing twice and clapping twice. I kept my hands together as I closed my eyes to pray. I hadnt really thought before hand what I wanted to pray for. I mean, there were always so many things I could pray for.

I take a deep breath before praying. When we were finished we both bowed one last time before walking away and to the group. "What did you pray for?" Katsuki asks me as his hand came back to mine and I smile,

"That the gods have a good year" I say and he looks over at me questionably. He looked at me almost as if I was crazy and I couldnt help but laugh, "What about you?"