Chapter 26

Chapter 26
"Rexinoids"

Recap:
"Shes freezing" Katsuki speaks and M/n touches y/n's skin. M/n has the same reaction as Katsuki, removing her hand from Y/n's skin.

"Katsuki, can you wrap her up in your blanket and carry her downstairs? Im getting her father and we are talking her to the hospital" m/n speaks and Katsuki does as he was told. Y/n allows Katsuki to remove the blanket to properly wrap it around her before picking her up bridal style. Y/n leans her head against Katsuki as M/n had already rushed out of the room.

"Youre warm" Y/n smiles and Katsuki clicks his tongue in annoyance,

"Oh can it" He grumbled as he began to carry her downstairs.

(a/n: Hi, there is going to be some medical stuff involved in this chapter. Im not a doctor or learning to be one, so none of this is actually 100% true. Im making most of it up but using actual medical terms so I dont have to make up a bunch of fancy medical names)

-no pov-

M/n spoke to Mitsuki before leaving with Hisashi, Katsuki, and Y/n for the hospital. Hisashi was hesitant at first but M/n threatened to go without him, which lead to him go with them. During the car ride, M/n tried getting Hisashi to talk but he continued to claim he did absolutely nothing.

"Why are you so sure that I did something?" Hisashi asked, a fake pained voice leaving his mouth. Katsuki looks over at Y/n who was sitting in the middle and up against Katsuki, her cheek leaning up against Katsuki's arm which gave her warmth. Despite still being cold, y/n couldnt help but smile as she was wavering between sleep and being awake.

"Youre more obvious than you think" M/n says as she crosses her arms, "Why dont you want to take y/n to the hospital? What did you do? You better come out with it before we get there" M/n says and Hisashi sighs,

"Im telling you M/n, I havent done anything with y/n. So drop it" Hisashi says in a threatening voice and M/n gives Hisashi a weird look, "I didnt want to take y/n to the hospital because we are running low on extra cash and she has already gone once this month" Hisashi lies through his teeth and M/n sighs, looking out the window.

When they arrived, the hospital takes Y/n to get some tests done. "Do you want to go back home?" M/n asked Katsuki and he shakes his head no. They all wait in the waiting room in the mean time until a doctor comes out to gather the 3 to the room where they were keeping y/n. "Is she okay?" M/n asks with worry as Y/n was laying in the medical bed, completely passed out, with Katsuki's blanket covering her.

"Your daughter is fine Mrs. L/n" The doctor speaks as Katsuki walks over to Y/n. Her hands were outside of the blanket so he moves to slide them under the blanket. "We have given her medication to help with the reproduction of thyroid hormones"

"Oh thank goodness" M/n sighs with relief but the doctor gives them an unsettling look, "What was wrong with her?"

"From my understanding, l/n still takes her medication regularly for her health conditions right?" The doctor asked holding a board in his hand and the mother nods,

"Yes" Hisashi vocalizes,

"I see..." The doctor seemed to write something down, "We ran some tests on l/n's blood and we found high levels of rexinoids in her blood" Hisashi lets out a sigh as his hands lift up to press up against his forehead, "It seems like you know what that is, but ill explain it just in case," The doctor says and M/n nods, "rexinoids is a type of drug that, in extremely small dosages, is put in medication that is supposed to help accelerate ones body to become stronger. Small dosages of rexinoids is extremely safe but high dosages of this drug can actually slow or stop the production of thyroid hormones." The doctor sighs, tapping his pen on the board in his hand, "In l/n's case, we found an extremely high dosage in her blood, which has completely stopped her production of these thyroid hormones. Not having enough thyroid hormones lead to her body being able to keep itself warm and extreme drowsiness" The doctor turns his board around and points at a spot with his pen, "In l/n's medication, there is only a very tiny dosage of rexinoids. With the math, the amount we found in her blood is over 200 times the amount that should be in her body"