Chapter 28

Chapter 28
"Christmas Eve"

Recap:
When we arrived home I practically jumped out of the car as the snow had gotten slightly heavier, "Y/n! Becareful!" Mom calls out before I shut the door and raised my hands up in the air. The snow hitting my hands instantly and I couldnt help but giggle.

I moved to the side quickly as the other three got out of the car. It was cold but Katsuki's sweater kept me extremely warm. I twirled around before stopping, my view landing on Katsuki who stood with his blanket in his hand. His red eyes watched me and instantly connected with mine as he looked at me.

I cant help but smile at him as he walked over to me, a puff coming out of his mouth as he let out a breath. My hand moves behind me as I slightly bent forward, my smile beaming. His hand reaches out to pat me in the head before walking past me to go to his house, "When youre done, come over"

"Kay~!" I beam as I turned my heels to look at him as he walked over to his house.

-Y/n pov-

The day before Christmas, Katsuki, mom, Mitsuki, and I all spent time setting up the Christmas tree at Katsuki's house as it was planned that we would spend Christmas at their house. Most of the actual tree set up was done by our mothers as Katsuki chased me around because I kept calling him names. I mean, that's for taking ornaments and sticking them in my hair while calling me a tree.

After they finished, Katsuki and I was put in charge of putting all of the gifts under the tree to pick up from slacking earlier. This allowed both of our moms go to the kitchen and start cooking dinner. Katsuki and I had spent the day before wrapping up all the other gifts, which ended up to a competition of who could get the most done. So, half of the presents were messily wrapped. In the end, I lost because Katsuki is so competitive, I cant even compare.

The plans for the rest of the day was to eat dinner and watch Christmas movies all night long. I was super excited that I could barely keep myself together. Normally, Christmas was just mom and I. Dad worked on Christmas and Kazue only spent time with us when the gifts came around.

My head turns when Kazue had let himself inside, taking off his shoes as the door shut behind him. He had spent most of the day over at the house and I've become so used to not seeing him, I rarely notice he isnt around.

Kazue's eyes shift to me which instantly makes his eyes shift into a glare. I smile at him as he walks passed Katsuki and I to, which I assume, the kitchen where mom was. By time we were finished setting all of the presents up, dinner was ready.

Since coming from the hospital, I've noticed the high tension between mom and dad. I mean, there was always a small amount of tension around them... but this was a lot worse than usual. It made me wonder if they had gotten in a fight when I was in the hospital. Dad's distance from me had gotten a little better and he almost seemed nicer as well.

After dinner, Kazue and dad had left to go back home. Katsuki left for the living room while I stayed back to help clean up with the 3 other adults. Masaru and I had gathered up all the dirty dishes to bring to the sink. After we finished Mom sent me on my way, saying they would finish up the rest.

When I walked into the living room, the lights were off and the only source of light was the large tv on the wall. Katsuki was sitting on the couch scrolling through movies as he was more likely searching for a Christmas movie. "What movie you wanna watch?" Katsuki asked suddenly as he didnt even have to look to notice I had entered the room.