Chapter 25 - Nightless City

"Even those who never frown eventually break down."
Linkin Park

-------------------------------

Warning: Mature Content

Lan Wangji

I step into Jingshi to find Wei Ying staring at the talisman from the attack as if he hoped it would burn with his glare. He was so deep in thought that he wasn't aware of my presence.

"Wei Ying,"

He breaks from his stupor and his eyes meet mine. He looked exhausted. His eyes were red with the lack of sleep. He smiles at me, but I notice the wariness beneath it.

Without a word, he comes close to me and seals my lips with his, with his hands on either side of my neck.

Anything to comfort you...

I respond equally, by pushing my tongue into him and we devour each other. When I was about to pull him even closer, he abruptly pulls away and rests his head on my shoulder.

He was panting. No, he was unable to breathe.

"Wei Ying?"

"Damn it," he yells in a frustrated tone while trying to catch his breath.

"Wei Ying! What's wrong?" I take his face in my hands to see what the matter was, and as soon as our eyes meet he crashes his lips on mine while pushing me behind. I hit the wall with a loud thump.

What has gotten into him?

He pins me to the wall and removes my belt, without breaking contact. He shreds my clothes completely and turns me around, pinning my arms above my head.

He was nothing like his usual self. Usually, he likes soft touches and gentleness and asks me to be aggressive if he wants, but this was different. He was throwing a fit. But I don't fight against him. Anything he wants from me, he will have it.

He takes me in his hand, making me groan, and moves his hand up and down. I feel him against my back as he rubs himself against me, panting against my shoulder.

He bites my shoulder, too hard, and the nails of his hand which he used to pin my arms dig into my skin. He was hurting me, but I didn't mind. He continues his movements pushing me to the edge, and I release, followed by him in no time.

He rests his head on the back of my neck to recover himself, and after a while, he stiffens at once, and I know that he was at war in his mind.

Wei Wuxian

What did I do?

I could only stare at the scene before me. The number of marks I've made on Lan Zhan's shoulders that said nothing about pleasure but pain, and my hand holding his arms up... I quickly let go and notice the red bruise marks on them. He bends down to grab his inner robe and he wears it without looking back.

"I'm sorry..." I whisper.

I hurt him... how could you Wei Ying?

He tries to turn.

"Don't," I say. Don't look at me when I'm being this way.

"Wei Ying," he says softly.

"Don't," I yell.

I feel weak and my body starts trembling. And this time when Lan Zhan turns, I don't have the strength to stop him. He looks at me, not with hatred or anger, but with an infinite amount of love.