Chapter 13 - Get Back

"We are all equal in the fact that we are all different. We are all the same in the fact that we will never be the same."
C. JoyBell C.

---------------------------------------

Wei Wuxian

I groan as I wake up the next morning feeling sore all over. It was worth it after all since what I dreamt was the continuation of last night instead of some haunting voices.

The sun was mostly up. As expected Lan Zhan was not in Jingshi. I note that there are some pills on the nightstand with a cup of water, which I'm sure, was left by him for me. I quickly swallow them and get out of the bed to find a bath drawn for me and a meal on the table.

I smirk. What a caring lover...

I quickly wash and don some robes. I finish eating and start working on my new talismans. After a while of working just as I decide to look for Lan Zhan, he enters Jingshi and stops at the door looking at me.

I'm mesmerized.

Even though I've seen him enough to remember all the details of his face, every time he appears in front of my eyes I feel like I'm falling for him all over again. Standing there illuminated by the sunlight wearing his usual white robes, Bichen in hand, upright posture and focused eyes... All I see is perfection.

I find the distance between us unbearable. Grinning like a lunatic, I walk to him and kiss him, putting my arms around his neck. He holds me by the waist and kisses me back.

"I love you" I whisper as I pull back.

He smiles, sending shivers through me and I kiss him again without giving him time to reply. Kissing him always felt so good, too good. His soft lips, his hands running in slow circles on my back, the feeling of his firm shoulders against my hands, his sandalwood scent, his hair soft against my fingers... It almost made me feel dizzy.

"How are you feeling?" he asks as we break away.

"Never been better," I say with a grin and he smirks.

"Do you want to join me to train the junior disciples?"

"That means spending time with you, so yes," I say, flirtatiously.

"Shameless" he mutters but I could see that his ears are read.

He laces his fingers with mine and we climb down the steps.

But we don't make it much longer. We freeze midway, not expecting what's in front of us at all.

Two people standing at the entrance of Jingshi. One with a compassionate expression but mixed with a slight anxiousness, in white clothing, the other with a face too complicated to understand, wearing purple robes.

"Jiang Cheng" the words slip out of my mouth.

Seeing me his Zidian lets out a spark, out of what emotion, I didn't know. Lan Zhan subconsciously tightens his hold on my hand, as if he was trying to tell Jiang Cheng that whatever he says he was not going to let go, although it was me not him who felt it.

I didn't know why Jiang Cheng was here. But whatever it is I didn't want him to look down on us or start any fights. I didn't feel any anger towards him, it's been long since I forgave.

It's better if I deal with him alone.

"Lan Zhan, it's okay," I whisper.

He looks at his brother and he nods. Looking at me he squeezes my hand and lets it go, walking away with Brother Xichen.