Prologue

Lan Wangji

My fingers move on Wangji playing a melody that I have played a thousand times but never get tired of. A melody that speaks my soul, my heart, the whole reason for my existence. It flames a bit of melancholy somewhere inside me. But more than that, I feel hope. A hope that I will meet him again.

I reminisce the day we parted our ways. That day you asked me to give a name for this melody. But do you know something, Wei Ying? It already has one since the day I wrote it. But you weren't ready to hear it. But next time we meet, I will tell you. Because in that next time, I don't think that I can hold back. I've waited for too long.

Someone knocks the door of Jingshi and I hear a familiar voice.

"Hanguang-Jun" it's Lan Sizhui.

"Come In" I reply

He enters and bows.

"The elders wanted to meet you."

"Thank you Sizhui. You can go back." He bows again as he leaves.

I step out of Jingshi to full fill my duties, even though I'd rather be wandering around with him. And I'm waiting for that day.

Wei Wuxian

I move Chenqing away from my lips as I finish the melody that has been written into my mind in both of my lifetimes. It always makes me want to continue. Continue till something happens, almost makes me feel like I'm longing. Longing for what? I didn't understand. Every time I play it the same thought chain goes through my mind. And then I remember its composer. Now I get it. I miss him. I need him. Maybe I love him.

It's been nearly six months since the last day we played this together. The thought almost makes me ride Little Apple all the way to Cloud Recess. But no.

Lan Zhan, first be Hanguang-Jun. The realm needs it. Then come find me. And be my Lan Zhan. Yes, my Lan Zhan.

After I got to know about the pains you went through because of me, I started to wonder if you take me as more than a friend. But I wasn't sure. That's partly a reason why I didn't stay with you in Cloud Recess. I needed some time to figure out what I feel. And now I'm sure. The next time I meet you, I make my move. I hope you feel the same way too.

"Little Apple, what do think, does he feel the same way?" of course I get no answer. "Right, what do you know?" I laugh.

"What shall we do today Little Apple? Find some wine, or look for a place that needs our help?" I grin and pull its reign to continue our journey.

To where? Unknown. Till when? Till I meet him again.

 Till when? Till I meet him again