Chapter 3 - Wangxian

"Time and time again, we reconnect.
It's like the universe nudges us to give it one more chance."
Nikki Rowe

------------------------------

Lan Wangji

After the time I've spent with Wei Ying, I'm fairly confident that if he's avoiding the world he will be in Yilling. Closest to Burial Mounds. Therefore I mount my Bichen with the first lights of the day to head there. I decide to walk through the mountains as I close the city.

That's when I hear it. The sound of a flute echoing through the mountains. The melody that connected two souls. The flutist that my heart yearns for. My Wei Ying. He's standing at the edge of the cliff, with his back towards me.

For a moment I felt that all that exists in my world is him. I want to run to him, put my arms around him, and make him mine. I want to hold him close to me and never let go. I want to feel him against me. I want to tell him that the only reason why my heart beats is him. I want to feel those lips...

Be patient Lan Zhan

Making sure that my voice doesn't give out the whirl of feelings in my mind I say,

"Wei Ying"

His playing stops immediately. He waits for a moment before turning. And when he does, he's wearing his beautiful smile. So pure, wholehearted. The only thing that makes me smile. So I do.

"Wangxian," I say.

"Huh?"

"The name of that song. It's Wangxian." He stares at me for a moment

The look in his eyes...

He whispers something, but I can't hear.

The next thing I know, his lips are on mine.

Wei Wuxian

"Wei Ying"

When I hear that voice I wasn't sure if I'm imagining things. When I turn around, there he is. My Lan Zhan.

No, not yet.

"The name of that song. It's Wangxian"

Wangxian! Wang, Xian, Us.

He does feel the same.

That's all I need to hear.

"Lan Zhan..." I whisper. But I don't think I could form any words to explain my feelings.

So I do the first thing that came into my mind. I run to him, take him in my arms and kiss him.

But I get no reaction. I break away to look at him. He looked frozen. Did I make a wrong move? Dread floods over me at once.

And then like a sculpture coming to life, he pulls me close in an unimaginable strength and crashes his mouth on mine. I almost feel dizzy with joy. I put my arms around his shoulders pulling him closer if it was possible. He feels strong against my arms. His usual scent of sandalwood is intoxicating. I kiss him with all the passion I have, and I'm more than glad that he does the same. I feel currents of a mixture of feelings run down my body as he lightly bites my lip ending the kiss.

I look at him not surprised to find him almost expressionless. But for the way his eyes sparkle, and for the slight redness of his ears I can say that he's happy.

Remembering something his drunk-self told once, I place my head near his chest to listen to his heartbeat. How stunning... Indeed it was beating way too fast.

"Lan Zhan, you'll pass out if your heart keeps beating this fast," I say looking at him again. His ears turn in to a deeper shade of red. Unable to stop myself I laugh. Then he smiles.

Gulp... That was...

"Lan Zhan you should smile more often," I say partly to not expose my emotions but I'm sure I'm pretty red by now.

"Hm," he says. Some things never change.

Lan Zhan, fuddy-duddy...

Lan Wangji

Finally, he's with me. In my arms. The feeling of his lips on mine was better than I ever imagined.

I feel my heart filling with something I've never felt before. Happiness. I'm happy. And the man between my arms is the sole reason for it.

I will hold on to him for an eternity. And never, ever let go.

-------Enjoy!!!Hope you liked itYour votes and comments are much welcomed

-------
Enjoy!!!
Hope you liked it
Your votes and comments are much welcomed..
🖤🖤🖤