Chapter 14 - A Plan

I need neither future nor past, but to learn to take today not too fast.
-Jeb Dickerson

------------------------------------------

Wei Wuxian

I roll to my side on the soft bed and feel the space next to me. Empty. And the sandalwood fragrance was missing. Of course, it is. Lan Zhan rises before the sun does. And it seems, it has affected me too. Now I manage to wake up about two hours after him.

I see his shadow, and I quickly close my eyes pretending to be asleep. I sense him sitting on the bed and then feel his lips on my cheek.

"A bit more to the right," I say touching my lips.

"You're awake."

"Hmm. Aren't you giving it?" I say reminding him of the kiss.

His was in his inner robe and his hair was wet. He has been drying it when he came in.

"Come get it," he says.

I sit up, put my arms around his neck, and kiss him full on the mouth. I smile as I pull away. I lean on the headboard and cross my legs and he starts drying his hair again.

"Let me do it," I say taking the cloth from his hands. He looks at me questioningly. "I know you like it when I take care of you. Well, all types of 'taking care'."

He smirks as I run the cloth on his hair. When it was fairly dry I hand him the cloth again. Taking his headband from the nightstand I tie it on him and say "Done."

"I drew a bath for you."

"Beware Lan Zhan. I'll get addicted to this."

"To me?" he asks with a smile.

I smirk. "No. To you taking care of me." I move my head close to his, noses almost brushing. "As for you, I'm already addicted."

This breaks a string of self-control he had, and he pulls me to his lap. I straddle on him and he kisses me roughly tongues dancing together. I pull away before it's too late.

"Not now Lan Zhan. Too early"

"Hm," he says pushing a strand of hair behind my ear. "I'll be busy today."

"More incidents with dark energy?" He nods. "I can help." He looks at me wanting to say something. "I get it. The elders don't want me to join"

Yiling patriarch and dark energy attacks, of course, they don't want me to be there.

"I might need your help. We'll look to it later." He says with guilt visible in his eyes.

"It's fine. I understand. I still am the Yiling Patriarch" I smile patting his head. "How about this? Finish your work and come home, then you can have me all you want."

***

Since Lan Zahn was busy I've been studying music scores trying to make some new ones. To be more distinct, a score to suppress my own power.

It should be past noon when I hear the doors open behind me and Lan Zhan comes in.

"Lan Zhan, coming this early is not fair," I say without looking back.

He ignores me. I smirk.

Waiting till I come to you? Not that easy Lan Zhan.

"Lan Zhan, come, have a look at this," I say still not looking at him. I was waiting until he loses his patience and gets what he wants himself. But no, he ignores me again.