Chapter 28

The sky looks beautiful..was all Anoki could think. She hadn't moved from the spot where she roughly landed and was just absently gazing at the blue sky and admiring the fluffy clouds that would occasionally float by. Everyone was yelling at Luffy to start being careful, but Chopper's startled scream scared them out of lecturing the oblivious teen. Everyone's head turned to stare at why Chopper screamed, before Ussop, Nami, Vivi, and Sanji let out startled screams of their own. 

The sight of Anoki just laying on the ground with a dazed look on her face convinced that the crew that the way Luffy handled her had hurt the first mate, causing Zoro to punch the back of his head while Nami, Vivi, Chopper, Sanji, and Ussop surrounded Anoki while sobbing loudly. "SOMEONE PLEASE GET A DOCTOR!!" Chopper choked out through his sobs, causing Ussop to start wailing louder. 

"B-B-BUT Y-Y-YOU'RE THE D-DOCTOR!?"

The five surrounding Anoki were quiet for a single second before all of them sobbing and wailing even louder than before. "Anoki?? Are you okay!? Do you want some meat?? That always makes me feel better, and I'm sorry for hurting you, you know I would never intentionally do that. P-p-please forgive me!" Luffy sounded strong at first, but his words slowly transformed into watery sobs at the sight of Anoki not looking him in the eyes, but staring up into the sky. 

"Oi, are you okay?" Zoro asked out, his rough voice barley heard over the collective sobbing of the entire crew. Anoki turned her head to look Zoro in the eyes, an exasperated look shrouding her face. "The weather is so nice today. The sky is such a stunning shade of blue and the clouds look so soft that I decided to take a minute to admire them. I am perfectly fine Zoro." Anoki stated, her tone sounding completely done. 

Everyone's sobbing soon stopped, but the six of them were clutching at Anoki as if she were a lifeline. Zoro huffed and sat down against the railing next to Anoki, watching with a heavy glare as she pet everyone's head to soothe them. Just as Sanji was about to get another pet, the sound of someone clearing their throat caused everyone to jump up in surprise. Anoki looked over her shoulder and a pleased grin crossed her face at the sight of Ace crouched on the railing just above her head. 

"Oh you made it! I'm so glad." Anoki said, the smile on her face was so genuine that she was practically glowing with happiness. Ace chuckled and stepped off the railing to stand next to Anoki, his eyebrow quirking at the sight of the majority of the crew cling onto her. Zoro's eyebrow raised at the interaction between his first mate and the man who arrived, Anoki's friendly demeanor with the stranger told Zoro that there's no threat and no point in intervening. "Luffy, look who's here, it's Ace." Anoki said, her tone light as she shook her captain. Luffy grumbled, he was attached to Anoki's calf with his arms and legs curled around her limb while his head rested on her thigh. 

"Oh wow and you were so excited to introduce me to your crew. Not that I blame you though, that position does look comfortable." Ace teased out, his boot lightly knocking against Luffy's head to try and get the rubber boy to let go of the trapped female. Ussop and Nami who were clinging to the first mates arms let go and stood a ways back to look at the newcomer. Vivi was sat in front of Anoki while Sanji was attached to her other leg. Chopper was sitting in her lap. Anoki let out a sigh and tapped both Luffy and Sanji's head with her fingers. "Alright you two, please let me get up." Both males sighed unhappily and stood up slowly, their hands lingering on her before standing with Ussop and Nami. Vivi stayed on the ground and watched as Anoki stood up with a pop from her joints, Chopper was now being held like a toddler against Anoki. 

"Come on now princess, you're going to meet someone important." Anoki teased with a smirk, her hand that wasn't supporting Chopper's back was held in front of the blue haired princess. Vivi's cheeks blushed a dark red as she curled her fingers with Anoki's, allowing the tattooed female to help her up. Vivi gave out a meek 'thank you' before rushing to where the rest of the crew were standing. Anoki let Chopper down, who lingered near Anoki's leg looking up at the first mate with big pleading eyes. Anoki's lip quivered at the sight of Chopper shyly asking to be picked up again, a pink blush spreading across her cheeks at such a precious sight. She scooped him up again, letting him rest his head against her shoulder while he was still able to see Ace.