Chapter 22

Snow was falling into a soft looking blanket on the ground of the Going Merry and along her railings. Luffy and Ussop were ecstatic at the thought of playing in the snow and wasted no time to jump in the piles, grins plastered across their red tinged cheeks. Anoki was leaning across one of the railings she cleared snow from and watching the two boys play with a soft look in her eye. 

"Nami's sickness doesn't seem to be getting any worse, but at the same time she isn't going to get any better." Sanji told Anoki as he walked out the cabin, a lit cigarette dangling between his lips. Anoki hummed in response and looked at the chef from the corner of her eye. 

"It's starting to become cold. We should probably gather blankets for Nami and jackets for the rest of us. I'm not sure how much longer it's going to take for us to get to an island, but Nami's comfort and well-being should be our top priority for now." Anoki explained, finally turning to face Sanji. A blush spread across his face as Anoki stared into his eye and he quickly turned to walk back in the cabin, a bashful expression playing at his face.  A loud thud on the deck where Luffy and Ussop were playing and where Zoro was lounging caught their attention, and they quickly turned to look. 

A man with large hands, an uncomfortable expression, and a large bow strapped to his back stared at the five crew mates on the deck. 

"Hello." The man greeted, giving a slight bow. "This ship will now be given to my King as payment for crossing these waters." A bunch of people wearing thick dark coats and matching hats surrounded everyone, including Anoki. Luffy and Sanji shouted out protests when they saw the first mate surrounded, but all Anoki could do was let out a tired sigh. She was cold and was hoping to have a cup of coffee while talking with Vivi so they could start forming a plan. 

Anoki was grateful for the snow, for she was wearing a thick black winter jacket with grey fur speckled with brown fur lining the hood and the cuffs of the sleeves. She slipped one of her hands behind her back and grasped the handle of one of the daggers strapped to her lower back. There was no need to pull out Shi. 

"What a weird figure head for a ship. Say do you know how to get to Drum from here?" A gruff voice grumbled out. A heavyset man then jumped onto the railing of the Going Merry, causing the poor ship to start tilting. He landed on the deck with a heavy thud and surveyed the crew with a scrutinizing gaze, and his lingering gaze on Anoki didn't go unnoticed by anyone. 

"I think I'm feeling a bit peckish..." the large man murmured, before turning and taking a large bit out the railing, causing Anoki's eye to widen in surprise and Luffy to scream out in rage. 

"OI! WHAT THE HELL DO YOU THINK YOUR DOING TO MERRY!?" Luffy shouted while charging towards the man, his fist cocked back and ready to strike. The butt of a gun smashed against his cheek which diverted Luffy's attention to the man who struck him. 

"DON'T INTERRUPT KING WAPOL DURING HIS SNACK TIME!" And with that, gun shots started to ring through the frigid air. Anoki pulled her daggers out of their sheathes on the small of her back and slashed the nearest soldiers around her. Everyone quickly beat the soldiers near them and turned their attention to the man with the bow and Wapol who continued to chew on the railing. Luffy charged again with his fist flying towards Wapol who in return caught the limb in his mouth and proceeded to start chewing. 

"What the hell..." Anoki murmured as she saw her captain start to get sucked into the man's mouth. Luffy was screaming and the outline of his flailing limbs could be seen through Wapol's cheeks. 

"Hmm...he's kind of chewy..." Anoki had enough when Wapol said that and threw one of her daggers towards the King's stomach. It didn't pierce him, but he let out a grunt of pain which allowed Luffy a window of time to escape from his mouth. Luffy shouted in rage and punched Wapol across the cheek which sent him flying towards the ocean, the few soldiers left and the tall man with the bow quickly scurrying after him. 

Their AstronomerOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara