Chapter 27

Anoki looked over her shoulder at the white haired marine, a crooked grin spreading across her lips. "Oh Smokey-chan, what a surprise to see you here. Did you come into the Grand Line just to chase after little ol' me?" Anoki teased out, her single deep blue eye half-lidded and riddled with mischief. A red hue fanned across the marines cheeks at the first mate's tone, an embarrassed scowl spreading across his lips. Ace tilted his head at this information, making sure to remember it later if he ever saw the marine Captain again. 

"I'm mostly here for Anoki Heishi and Straw Hat, but since you're here as well, I'll just have to take you in as well, Fire Fist Ace!" Smoker stated, a serious gleam in his honey brown eyes. Ace turned around in his seat so that he was facing the marine. One of his arms was casually resting on the bar while the other arm was wrapped around Anoki's shoulders. His arm was hung lazily around her shoulder, but his fingertips were tracing patterns into her arm causing shivers to run up her spine. "But that sounds so boring! Can't you just leave me and Anoki alone? I haven't seen my favorite girl in years!" Ace exclaimed, his arm tightening around Anoki's shoulders at the mention of how long they've been separated. 

A growl left Smoker's throat at Ace's tone, his hand traveling to the jitte strapped to his back. Ace tensed at the marine's actions, his arm leaving Anoki and getting ready to strike. Before either of them could attack, loud screaming rang throughout the air, causing Anoki to let out a puff of air from her nose. She immediately recognized the voice of her captain. 

"I"M HUNGRY!!!!!!" Luffy shouted as her nearly broke the doors down, his body moving so fast that when he slammed into the bar, the momentum forced both Smoker and Ace, who were in his path, to go flying through several walls. 

Shocked screams rang out through the bar, but Luffy paid them no mind, his attention fully on the frightened man behind the bar. "Hey old man, feed me please! Bring lots of meat!" Luffy requested with a cute smile. Anoki couldn't hold it in anymore and burst into loud chuckles. Her laughter was coming out in raspy wheezes, her eye bleary with tears, and her sides aching. Luffy whipped his head around to stare at his first mate, before loud laughs started escaping him as well. 

"Shishishi! Why are we laughing!?" Luffy giggled out, a large smile spread across his cheeks. It wasn't often he got to hear Anoki laugh so freely, so hearing it now was such a treat to the captain. "Y-You....hahahHAHA!" Anoki couldn't even get a sentence out from how hard she was laughing, causing multiple patrons to start cooing at her behavior. A rosy blush spread across Luffy's cheeks at the sight of Anoki laughing so hard, she looked so cute when her eye crinkled like that in sheer delight. Anoki started to calm down, little giggles leaving her as she stared at Luffy gobbling down plates of food. Her head was resting in the palm of her hand as she stared at Luffy like he was the most precious thing in the world. 

"Oi..." Ace's figure emerged from the rubble, only to get shoved back by a seething Smoker. "Damn Straw Hat..." Smoker growled out, his shadowed as he stared down at the oblivious Luffy and an embarrassed Anoki. She watched as beads of sweat started to pour from Luffy in rapid succession with amusement laced in her eye, already standing from her seat. Luffy shakily turned his gaze to stare at Smoker, than proceeded to spit his food onto Smoker's face. 

"Bastard..." Smoker growled, whipping the mess of his face aggressively. 

"Wait just a moment." Luffy said to Smoker with his pointer finger in the air. Luffy than proceeded to shove so much food into his mouth and swallow it instantly, without chewing, that Anoki thought for sure this was how her captain was going to die. Luffy's eyes watered at the feeling of his throat stretching to accommodate all of the food going down at once, pounding on his chest with a fist to help it go down better. Anoki's eyebrows were furrowed with worry as she handed him a glass of water, almost screaming when Luffy tried to eat the cup. Luffy belched loudly and held onto Anoki's hand, ignoring the burning in his cheeks as he turned to face Smoker.