Chapter 17

Anoki drowned out the sound of the crew screaming for their lives as the weather drastically changed by dramatically flipping through pages in her books. She knew she should probably step out and help, but she really didn't want to. They can handle themselves. 

Probably. 

Anoki grew slightly concerned when it became eerily quiet and the Going Merry stopped rocking violently, so she stepped out from the cabin and was immediately slammed into by Zoro's body. Anoki's stance didn't waver as Zoro's body slumped onto the floor, spasming in pain. 

"Jesus Christ woman! What are you made out of!?" Zoro hissed as he struggled to stand, slapping Ussop's assisting hand away. Anoki stared at him with a blank expression before turning her gaze towards the now clear waters. 

"215 pounds of pure muscle," she responded, not bothering to look at their flabbergasted faces. "Shishishi you weigh a lot Anoki," Luffy giggled while the others screeched at him at how rude he was being. Anoki ruffled Luffy's hair and looked at him from the corner of her eye. 

"It's better to be big and strong so I can protect you guys, yeah?" Luffy pouted at her response while Nami and Ussop were practically swooning from her words. "PLEASE PROTECT US!" Both cried out, latching onto her strong legs and hugging them. Anoki only nodded. The two guests only sweat-dropped at the pathetic display of a crew before them. 

What was wrong with everyone?

______________________________________________________

When Anoki finally stopped zoning out and came back into focus, it was from the sound of the splash from the two guests diving into the water and swimming towards and island with giant cacti around it. She hummed softly and lowered her gaze into a glare. She knew what was going to happen later on. She knew what the code names meant. 

Anoki was impassive as Nami and Ussop clutched onto her again as shadows could be made out from the fog surrounding the ship. Zoro growled and thumbed the hilt of his sword, Luffy's face darkened, and Sanji drew closer to Nami. 

As if God himself was there, the fog dispersed and loud cheers rang out throughout the large crowd. Large smiles split across the crew's faces, not including Anoki and Zoro, who both shared a knowing look. A large man with tube looking hair approached the crew as they all got off of the Going Merry. 

"Welcome to Whiskey Peak! Ma-ma-ma, I am the mayor, Igaram! Why don't you relax, we are usually the first island people first coming into the Grand-line see, so we usually celebrate the arrival of pirates. Come, come, lets go set up a party so you can have fun and relax!" Igaram explained, already having Luffy, Sanji, and Ussop hooked and following after him. Anoki sighed and reluctantly followed after. "We may as well enjoy ourselves for a bit before kicking their asses," Anoki murmured to Zoro before entering the bar. Zoro sighed deeply and followed after the tall woman. 

Once Anoki came through the door, everyone was silent. 

How could they not be.

 Anoki is a large muscular woman decked out in scars and tribal tattoos. The fact that she now has a bounty of 100 million also grabbed their attention. When they looked into her single eye, they felt fear wash throughout their systems. She knew, and she made sure that they knew that she knew. 

"Give me a glass of whiskey, no ice please and thank you," Anoki gruffly spoke as she sat down on a dark couch in the corner of the bar, closing her eye and crossing her legs. Zoro sat down next to her and watched as the rest of the crew obliviously partied with bounty hunters. 

"When should we confront them?" Zoro questioned out while snatching a bottle of sake. Anoki accepted her glass from the barmaid and watched her slowly walk back to her spot behind the bar. "When the rest of the crew is asleep is when they will try to attack. Its the only plausible thing they can do, especially with me, you, and Luffy here." Zoro hummed and slowly sipped at his drink.