Chapter 26

Even more art? Yes, because I physically cannot stop myself from drawing her

🥺
________________________________

Anoki was sitting on the stairs, watching as Ussop and Luffy held a competition to see who could catch the biggest fish. Chopper was sitting near her legs, his eyes wide with a childish curiosity at their game. Sanji was in the kitchen making treats for everyone, Nami was relaxing in the sun, and Zoro was in front of Anoki and Chopper training. Anoki was mostly watching Ussop and Luffy giggle, but would occasionally steel a glance at Zoro's biceps. The flush on Zoro's cheeks didn't go unnoticed by Anoki, but she decided to be merciful and spare the green haired swordsman the embarrassment. Anoki stood up with a huff and grabbed Chopper from underneath his arms, hoisting the reindeer into her arms. He sat  in the crook of her elbow like how someone would hold a toddler, but he wasn't going to complain. 

Anoki placed Chopper onto the railing so he could watch the two boys fish and leaned against the railing next to him; her single eye staring into the deep blue water. A sweat started to break out across Anoki's brow, causing her face to scrunch up. Ussop and Luffy weren't fairing any better and Chopper was full on panting. Steam was starting to rise from the sea, causing curious looks from Anoki and Luffy, but full blown panic from Ussop. "Ah what the hell is going on!? Anoki, please protect me from any monsters!" Ussop cried, throwing his body at Anoki and hugging her waist. "M-monsters!? There's a monster coming?" Chopper started to panic, his voice raising in pitch. Anoki huffed, hugging Ussop's head closer to her side, and stroked one of Chopper's ears. 

"Don't worry, there aren't any monsters out." Anoki consoled. "Anoki's right, there isn't anything to worry about. The rising temperature and steam is coming from a volcano." Nami explained with a hand resting on one of her hips. Anoki and Luffy cocked their heads to the side in confusion at the navigators words. "But...where is the volcano?" Luffy questioned out, ignoring the nervous Ussop next to him. "The volcano is under the water of course. The sea floor has a fissure in it, allowing magma to seep through. The volcano must be erupting right now to cause all of this steam and heat." Nami explained, her eyes looking across the foggy waters.