Chapter 34

@SerpRock My ♥️♥️😩👌 I've made this my background on both my phone and laptop

@SerpRock
My ♥️♥️😩👌 I've made this my background on both my phone and laptop.

Anyways! update on why I've been gone for like 2 months!! I have a new job which is so so so satisfying, fast food is so mundane and draining so I spent a lot of time looking for places that will look good on my college resume. I'm also a senior in highschool now, which sounds a little sad because I write fanfiction haha but all of my classes are really good and I love my nursing teacher, she's so sweet. I've really been focusing on my mental health and I've never felt better, so if any of you are struggling in any capacity, please feel free to message me because I know that it sucks. 

For everyone who wished me good luck on my AP exams, good news! I got a 4 on my AP English Comp. and a 3 on my AP Physics, which I was really shocked about!!!! 

How is everyone's classes? I hope everyone's school year is going as well as mine :). 

_____________________

As the crew ran their clothes were quick to dry in the dry desert heat. The cool water was quickly replaced with a new layer of sweat as they continued to run around the city, catching the attention of Baroque and the Navy. Anoki noticed how the Navy looked skeptical towards them, but ultimately left them alone. 

"Smokey sure is nice, isn't he?" Luffy giggled out, his sporadic pace slowing down so he could run next to Anoki, not without shoving Sanji out of his way though. Anoki sighed through her nose, but kept her single eyed gaze forward where Ussop and Nami were desperately sprinting. "I'm sure he and the rest of his marines are going to be back. He probably feels that he needs to pay you back for saving his life back there." Anoki explained. Luffy looked a little lost at her explanation, but wasn't able to question her about it for Sanji shoved Luffy out of the way. 

"How DARE you get between me and my angel!?" Sanji raved, practically fuming. Zoro groaned out in annoyance at the cooks behavior, his shoulders tensing up but not saying anything. Anoki stayed silent but flicked her eye from time to time to watch as Sanji tried to round house kick Luffy away from the trio. 

The group was quickly reaching the edge of the city and limestone streets were becoming the loose sands of the desert once again. Everyone's pace was slowed as there feet slipped against the sand, loose grains flying up and hitting the corners of their eyes. Ussop and Nami, our beloved cowards, were kicking up a dust storm with their desperate steps and all of it was flying back towards the four. 

"Hey! Even out your steps you bastards!" Zoro griped, both of his eyes were comically squinted as he tried to keep the sand out. "You're going to blind us!" Nami was quick to even out her quick pace but didn't slow down, but Zoro's complaining seemed to spur Ussop on even more. His steps became so erratic that his feet slipped right out from underneath him and his face slammed into the sand, creating a large cloud of dust and sand. Sanji, Luffy, and Zoro kept their even pace forward but Anoki jogged back towards the pitiful sharpshooter. Her calloused hand was planted firmly against Ussop's loose robes as she hefted him up and continued on with their trek into the blistering desert once again. 

Ussop nearly sobbed with relief as he was held tucked against Anoki's side like an overly large cat. Even though he was dripping with sweat from both the heat and his nerves, he couldn't help but nuzzle himself deeper into the first mate's comfortable warmth. From the sheer fact that he was as close to Anoki as he currently was, he felt invincible, like nothing could ever touch him as long as the tall woman was so close by. Anoki could hear the others in front suck in a deep breath from between their teeth, but chose to pretend to be oblivious towards their rising feelings towards the predicament between her and Ussop; for her sake and for Ussop's. 

The sound of pounding footsteps broke everyone out of their jealous reverie. Anoki squinted her single eye towards were the sun was blaring ahead of them and could make a faint shadow outline of something large racing towards the group. Everyone else but Anoki tensed up at the sight. Once closer, the large shadow turned out to be a crab who was sprinting incredibly fast sideways towards them with Chopper and the camel Eyelashes sitting comfortably on his large back. The crab came to a halt in front of the group and Nami and Ussop shouted in excitement at the sight. 

"Chopper!" Anoki cheered, her cheeks a rosy hue at the sight of their cute little doctor. Chopper giggled at her call and slid off of the crab and waddled towards the first mate, who was already crouching down with her tattooed arms outstretched towards him. Chopper hustled towards her, leaving cute hoof prints in the sand from where they sunk in from his weight. Once the doctor was close enough, Anoki scooped him up into her arms and hugged him close, his blue nose tucked into the crook of her neck. Chopper lightly sniffed and was incredibly relieved when he could only smell sweat on her and no traces of blood. 

Anoki lightly pushed his body back so she could give him a once over, checking for anything wrong. "Are you alright? Anything happen while we were away besides your new friend here?" Anoki softly asked as her hand smoothed down any of his wind-blown fur. Chopper shook his head and nuzzled into her warm hand, enjoying the comforting warmth even though he was halfway into the doorway of a heatstroke. 

"No no I'm all good. I'm glad the rest of you guys seem to be in good health. Anyways Eyelashes is friends with this moving crab and he might be willing to give all of us a ride back." Chopper explained as Anoki softly set him back onto the ground. "How did you find us?" Luffy questioned out as he sauntered over, his left arm snaking around Anoki's arm in two loops. 

"Oh I could smell Nami's perfume and told Mr. Crab the direction to go to find you guys." 

"There is no way that the perfume is that potent." Nami griped, her tone borderline in disbelief. "Well I'm an animal so..."

____________