Chapter 24

Even though Anoki's eye was closed, she felt tired. She felt tired and sluggish, and the weight resting on her hips wasn't helping the throbbing pain that she was feeling all over her body. She grunted in discomfort and tried to shift away from the pressure, but the pressure only got tighter and pulled her closer to themselves. Anoki's eye flew open and looked at the culprit from the corner of her eye. Luffy's sleeping face was the only thing she could see. Drool was pooling at the corner of his mouth and his arms were wrapped around Anoki's waist in three coils. Luffy nestled his face into her neck and his hot breath was starting to tickle her. Anoki could only stare up at the ceiling, accepting her fate. 

Soft clicks against the floor caught Anoki's attention, her eye immediately going to the door that was opening and closing with a soft click. A small body carrying bandages and ointment walked up to the desk near the window in the room and pulled out the stool to put his supplies on. His eyes locked onto Anoki's watching eye, and he let out a started shriek. He was small, Anoki noted. He was small, fuzzy, had soft looking ears and a pink hat that had antlers protruding from the side. 

"Are you the one who treated my friends and I?" Anoki questioned out, her voice raspy and thick with sleep. The reindeer nodded softly, his body hidden poorly behind the stool. "What about Nami, the orange haired girl. Is she okay?" Anoki got another nod. A sigh of relief escaped Anoki's chapped lips, "Thank you, thank you so much." The reindeer finally came out from his poor hiding place and gently placed a hoof on Anoki's limp hand. "I'm a Doctor, and I learned from Doctrine, who is one of the best doctor's ever!" The reindeer explained, a grin decorating his furry face. Anoki smiled softly at the animal, she felt so grateful to the little reindeer and this Doctrine. 

"Can you do me a favor?" Anoki asked out, she swallowed thickly at her dry throat and gave the reindeer a smile at how fast he was nodding his head. "Do you think you can get my captain off of me. While I usually enjoy his ways, my body really hurts and I'm not sure how much more I can take." The reindeer once again shrieked, and quickly pulled the rubber male off of Anoki. She watched with a tired eye as the reindeer tucked Luffy into a bed on the other side of the room, next to an unconscious Sanji. He walked back to Anoki, the salve and bandages now in his hooves. "I'm going to change your bandages now. This salve will help with any pain you are experiencing." Anoki nodded and stripped down to her sports bra and loose fitting shorts. She watched the reindeer snip off the old bandages with practiced ease and toss the used bandages into a bin near the bed. 

"What's your name?" Anoki asked after moments of silence. The little reindeer looked up into Anoki's face for a second, before refocusing on his work. "My name is Chopper, and Doctrine's name is Dr. Kureha." The reindeer answered, his gaze entirely focused on his work. Anoki nodded and silence enveloped the both of them. It wasn't uncomfortable, but rather soothing to the both of them. The soft snoring from Sanji and Luffy filled the room, and Anoki's shoulders became less tense at the sound, finding comfort knowing that the both of them were okay and resting. "After you're done, can you take me to where Nami is?" Anoki asked out, her gaze never leaving the floor. Her back was hunched and her elbows were resting on her knees. She looked tired. Chopper nodded and cut the gauze with a pair of scissors. 

Once Chopper was finished, he pattered down the freezing hallway with a newly bandaged Anoki following after him. Her clothes were bundled up in his arms for he told Anoki that it would be best if they just got replaced because of how damaged they were. Anoki didn't bother protesting. While it was freezing, Anoki didn't show any reaction to it, regardless of her state of undress. She wasn't fazed at the freezing breeze that tickled her bare stomach, legs, and arms. Chopper turned down a hallway and opened up a large wooden door, allowing Anoki to walk in first. She gave the small doctor a warm smile and walked into the room. Nami stopped her conversation with an older woman and her eyes nearly popped out of her head at the sight of Anoki.