Chapter 16

Anoki has been through some pretty conflicting and confusing times throughout her lifetime. 

Taken from her home island as a child.

KIlled a fleet of marines as a child then stabbed in the eye, and thrown overboard and then drifted for God knows how long. 

Living with Luffy.

Having to live with Luffy AND his siblings. 

Leaving at a young age to prepare herself to be a pirate. 

She's been put through the wringer over and over again, but she could never recall a moment where she was so confused in her life. 

They were just swallowed. 

By a G I A N T whale. 

Anoki turned to face Zoro and Sanji and raised an eyebrow towards them. The duo shrugged, signaling that they were also confused. Anoki looked forward again and noticed a quaint little house. And that the inside of the stomach lining of the whale was painted to look like the sky. 

All of the sudden, the water, or stomach acid, started to bubble and foam, meaning something was going to emerge. Anoki watched with a blank face as a giant squid arose from the acid and wiggled his tentacles towards the Going Merry in a threatening manner. Zoro's thumb hitched his white sword and Sanji raised his foot, ready to strike. 

Nami and Ussop screamed in fear. 

As the duo were about to strike, the doors to the house slammed open and a giant harpoon was shot through the squid's head. Nami and Ussop gasped loudly and Anoki and Zoro fully revealed their weapons, ready to protect the crew. 

"Excuse me," a stern voice called out, turning the crew's attention towards an elderly man lounging in a beach chair in front of the little house. Zoro's eyes narrowed in distrust as he watched the stranger flip through the pages of his newspaper. 

"Who are you? And why is the inside of the whale's stomach painted? I don't think that's very healthy for him," Anoki called out bluntly, which made Nami smack her arm and give her a pointed look. 

"Who am I? Who are you? Did Laboon swallow your crew?" Anoki nodded to answer his second question, purposely not answering the first. 

"Why do you look like a flower?" 

The crew's jaws dropped to the floor as Anoki asked the question that they were all wondering. The man hummed in thought, stroking his chin. It went on like this for a solid three minutes, before the man gave up and shrugged towards the tall woman. 

"Anyways old man, tell us how to get out of here." Zoro demanded, sheathing his weapon. 

"My name is Crocus, and I am the caretaker of Laboon, the whale who swallowed you. I'll take you out of Laboon as soon as it's time for me to go out and give him his medications and just check on him."

Anoki turned her head towards a door in the upper section of the stomach, hearing a faint screaming. 

And as if the devil knew she was thinking of him, Luffy burst out through the door, screaming with two strangely dressed strangers. All three of them landed in the acid and Zoro was quick to dive in to fish the three of them out. 

Luffy gagged and gasped and wrapped his arms tightly around Anoki, burying his face in the crook of her neck. 

"I was so scared that I lost you and the crew!" he sobbed loudly, clinging to Anoki as tightly as he could. Anoki sighed and ruffled his messy locks. She looked down into his teary eyes and smiled.