Chapter 3

Zoro was carrying the cage Luffy was in over his shoulders not having that much of a problem. The only problem he did have was the conversation he was having with Anoki. 

"You were so cool Anoki! I'm so happy that we are finally together again after such a long time apart!" Luffy cheered with absolute joy, his faith in his first mates strength increasing tenfold. Anoki blushed at his words and mumbled a small thanks, avoiding his gaze and tapping Nathari against her shoulders in a faster pace. Luffy chuckled at her cute expression while Zoro wondered how such a intimidating and ruthless woman can be so bashful to a few words. So he questioned it. 

"Do you always get shy when you're not in battle?" Zoro grunted out the question as he heaved the cage farther up to stop it from slipping. Anoki stumbled with her words a bit before answering his question. "I'm not good with praise. Luffy is actually the first person to truly praise me at anything. Back on my home island all I did was train but the elders never praised any of the children, wanted to harden their nerves for battle and so on," Anoki answered as if it was nothing. 

"Battle? What were you going to battle?" Luffy questioned with a head tilt. Anoki hummed at his question, "Our friends and family. If you won you were strong and if you were weak than you died." Zoro nearly dropped the cage at her nonchalant answer while Luffy screamed in rage. 

"Did you ever battle?" Zoro questioned with furrowed eyebrows. 

"Of course I did, but I never killed anyone. They were my friends and family, even if they did come at me with the thirst for bloodshed." Anoki answered simply. Zoro sweatdropped while internally questioning the island. 

"What island did you come from?" Luffy asked. "It was an unnamed island in the Grand Line."

"WHAT!?" Both males screamed. "You were already in the Grand Line?! Captains orders, you can't tell us anything about it!" Anoki laughed at his order before nodding her head. The trio soon arrived in front of a pet store and Zoro more or less collapsed with exhaustion. 

"You alright? You should've told me if you were getting tired, I would've helped" Anoki stated with a small pout on her lips as she kneeled in front of the green haired male. Zoro went completely red as he gushed on the inside. Why was this tall, sadistic woman the cutest thing? 

Luffy giggled at her innocence, "You're so cute Anoki it, it would ruin his pride."

"Ah" Anoki stated plainly, causing the males to sweatdrop at her. "Oh look a dog. Hi doggy," Luffy said with a dumb smile as he reached for the dog. 

"Anoki, Zoro, I think he's dead."

"He's not dead Luffy," Anoki winced when she said this for Luffy poked the dog in the eye causing him to bite the rubber man's face. Anoki ignored Luffy's chanting of 'ow, ow, ow' and focused on Zoro again. "Will you be ok?" She questioned him. Zoro nodded tiredly and didn't move after that. The strawberry blonde soon showed up and tossed a rusted key onto the ground. 

"Here, so you can get out. As thanks for saving me," she explained looking the trio over. 

"Ah, Nami! Anoki it's our navigator!" Luffy cheered. Nami was about to retort but Anoki scrambled to her feet and took one of Nami's hands in her one free one. 

"I-it's very nice to meet you Nami-chan, l-let's get along," Anoki stuttered and blushed lightly throughout all of it but she felt very proud of herself. She threw a proud glance towards Luffy who just laughed and nodded his head towards her saying she did good. Nami was absolutely stunned. This beautiful tall woman who threatened to kill a man not even an hour ago was blushing and being shy. She had absolutely no words.