Chapter 20

Anoki was draped over the railing of the Going Merry and was watching as the waves lapped at the side of the ship. Her eye was half lidded, showing her boredom. The crew was headed towards Little Garden, a friendly sounding island if Anoki was going to be honest with herself. It wouldn't make sense though, Anoki thought. Why would that woman try and give them an eternal log pose to Alabasta if this island was the only obstacle in their course? Anoki sighed deeply, her head lolling to the side and her single eye closing in deep thought. 

"MY ANGEL!!!!!" Sanji screamed out as he twirled towards the tall woman. Anoki hummed and looked towards the cook, her chin now propped in the palm of her hand. Sanji squealed and did his noodle dance with a large blush dusting across his cheeks. "AH! I love it when you look at me like that my love! Let's get married," Sanji cheered as he handed Anoki a mug of black coffee. As soon as those words left his mouth, his head was launched forward with a choked gurgle leaving his throat. Zoro smacked the back of his head with one of his sheathed swords with a heavy glare in his eyes. 

"Could you maybe not flirt with our first mate!? And as if she would marry the likes of you," Zoro hissed out. Sanji brought his leg up in a stance to attack and smashed his forehead against Zoro's. "HAH!? What did you say you moss head? I couldn't hear you over the sound of your jealousy," 

Anoki stood up from her slumped position and just walked away from the fighting duo. She made her way towards the deck and sat down with her legs crossed. Her hands gripped onto her knees and she closed her eye in concentration. 

Meditation was a good thing from time to time. Focusing on your mental health is a big thing kiddies. 

Nami and Vivi watched the tall woman from inside the cabin, both having small smiles on their lips. 

"She's really great isn't she?" Vivi sighed out, a longing look in her eyes. Nami didn't answer, her mouth moving into a flat line. For some reason, Nami really didn't like the way the blue haired princess was looking and talking about HER first mate. It made her stomach twist up with an uncomfortable feeling and she wanted it to stop. Nami looked at the princess from the corner of her eye before looking out the window again. Ussop and Luffy sat next to Anoki who was smiling softly at the two boys next to her. Ussop was talking animatedly with Luffy and Anoki smiling and laughing along with what he was saying. 

"Yeah," Nami answered after minutes of silence. "She really is."

_____________________________________________________________

"Hey I see an island up ahead!" Nami called out to everyone. "Its that island that woman was talking about, Little Garden."

Anoki walked towards the railing of the Going Merry and leaned over. The island was anything but little. Trees towered over everyone and looked like a prehistoric paradise. The Going Merry traveled through a wide water channel at a slow pace. Everyone was looking over the side of the ship in awe and sparkling eyes at the sight of the beautiful island filled with all sorts of plants and animals. All of the sudden, a load growling sound pierced everyone's ears, calling their attention. Ussop and Nami screamed loudly and clung onto Anoki's arms in fright. 

"A TIGER!!! WHY THE HELL IS IT SO BIG!?" They both screamed out, their eyes nearly popping out of their skulls at the sight of the ginormous beast. An even larger animal came out and attacked the tiger, both disappearing into the foliage. The sounds of growling, teeth gnashing, and claws clashing before silence. An empty silence that rang out around the ship before the lion came out of the forest and stared down the crew before disappearing once again. 

Nami and Ussop whimpered in fright, causing Anoki to let out an amused huff. Anoki wrapped her arms around both of their shoulders and brought them closer to herself and sent both of them encouraging smiles.