Chapter 19

The silence that rang in the air after Vivi said the warlord's name was heavy and charged with energy. Anoki knew the man, not personally, but she was kept up to date with the world's affairs and potential threats to the crew later. Crocodile, one of the seven warlords of the sea was a man who ate the suna suna fruit which allowed his body to become sand. It wasn't difficult for the first-mate to find out the man's weakness. Anoki knew that if she were to spit on the man, he could technically be counted as vulnerable to an attack. 

And if this man was going to attack the crew, she was definitely going to spit on him. 

The caw of a vulture pulled Anoki from her thoughts and she turned her head slightly to the side and watched as an otter and a vulture (dressed in little outfits that made Anoki turn to mush on the inside) quickly scribble on pieces of paper. Vivi let out a startled gasp at the sight of the two animals and was quick to stand to her feet and press her fingers against her chin. 

"What? What are they doing!?" Nami nearly screamed out as she took fast steps towards Vivi. The blue haired princess whimpered, her lower lip trembling with tears pricking in the corner of her eyes, her amber colored orbs never leaving the two animals who continued to stare back.  

"T-those two are scouting agents for baroque works...they track down people who give away the bosses name and then whoever exposed him gets tracked down all over the Grand Line until exterminated!" The vulture cawed ominously after Vivi finished and flapped its wings as if mocking the group. Nami turned around to face everyone, her face pale and her lips twitching as she forced a smile on her face. 

"Well did you guys hear that? I think it's time for us to leave this island now. No more interruptions, we are out of this place," Nami nervously rushed out then spun around on her heels and walked quickly out of the alleyway. Her escape plan was quickly shot down when the two animals stood a few feet in front of the short-haired navigator with sketches of the crew filling the yellowed paper they held in their beak and paws. Nami clutched at her scalp and screamed. 

"WE'RE GOING TO DIE!!"

______________________________________________________________

Anoki hummed softly as she rubbed Nami's upper back soothingly. The navigator was leaning against the first-mate, her head buried into her exposed collarbones. Nami kept muttering to herself and the blue haired princess has yet to stop apologizing and crying. 

"Don't worry princess, I won't let Crocodile hurt you or my crew-mates." Anoki smiled in her direction, causing Vivi's eyes to widen and a dusting of pink to cover her tan cheeks. She stammered out a bashful thanks, oblivious to Luffy, Nami, and Zoro's  soft glare. Nami squeezed Anoki a little tighter before releasing the tall woman. 

"PRINCESS VIVI! PRINCESS VIVI!" The Mayor who turned out to be Vivi's servant shouted. The man slowed to a stop in front of everyone and clutched at his knees, trying to catch his breath. 

"Igaram!" Vivi gasped out, her eyes wide with surprise at the sight of the man. He wore a dress and makeup on his face. It looked atrocious but Anoki decided to support this outcome anyways. 

Anoki never judged on appearances. She's chill like that. 

"I have a plan princess," Igaram loudly whispered, "I'll pose as you and have dolls of your new friends and make it seem like they are taking you away; but you'll actually be with them so you can get to your father." Vivi pleasantly beamed at her friend and nodded her head. 

"Pose as her? He doesn't look anything like her..." Zoro murmured to himself, a confused glare prominent on his face. 

__________________________________________________