Chapter 1

"Hey Anoki, promise you'll come back as my first mate."

"I promise Luffy-kun, I'll be your first mate, but I want to travel to get stronger. I need to be strong if my captain is going to be King of the pirates." A big grin stretched across a young Luffy's face as Anoki spoke those words. 

"Get strong Anoki! I won't accept anyone else as my first mate!" Both children had grins on their faces as they clasped hands, making a promise that would soon take the world by surprise.

That was 10 years ago. 

Anoki was now 18 years old while Luffy was 17. The promise she made to her captain all those years ago was repeating in her head as she traveled back to Foosha village. Her small dinghy was gently rocking in the waves as she was polishing her spear, the Nathari. Her spear was impressive, even an amateur could see. The Nathari stood at an intimidating 6'5, while Anoki herself was 5'10. The sun had put a gentle tan on her skin and made her black tribal tattoos stand out even more than they did. She tied the deep red gauze around Nathari even tighter, along with the black eyepatch across her left eye. A small smile wormed itself onto her thin lips at the thought of her childish captain. 

Luffy was ecstatic. He was sprinting down the path to the harbor. He already saw the small boat containing his first mate and wanted to see her again after all these years. He could remember how she looked as an 8 year old vividly. She almost looked funny with a spear that was two feet taller than her with bloody gauze around her left eye, a story she never shared with the rubber boy. She looked intimidating, and she was, but was also a callosal sweetheart. Before she set off for her training, they did everything together, such as training with Ace and Sabo and hanging out with Shanks and his crew. They were inseparable. 

"ANOKI!!"

She looked up from Nathari and saw a huge dust cloud coming from the mountain and a huge smile made its way to her face. She grabbed the paddles to make the dinghy go faster and rowed as fast as she could. 

"LUFFY-KUN," she yelled out in joy as she got to the harbor. Anoki skipped tying down the boat and ran towards her captain. They both quickly embraced, the impact sending them down into the dirt. Neither cared with huge smiles on their faces as they looked each other over. 

"I'm still taller~" Anoki teased once they stood up and dusted off their clothes. Luffy flushed but didn't say anything about her teasing, for it was true by a whole three inches. But, he was flushed about how beautiful his friend was, she was tall with short blackish-blue hair and tribal tattoos on her body, including her cheek bones. She wore ripped baggy gray jeans with knee high black boots and a shoulder-less crop top that was a lighter blue color. 

" Are you ready to be King of the pirates, Luffy-kun?" Anoki asked as they made their way towards her boat and getting in. 

"Shishishishi, of course I am, now that I finally have my first mate with me" Luffy said as he grinned, they were both definitely stronger from when they both saw each other. 

"Look at them Makino, they're off the be pirates! DON'T EVER COME BACK, YOU'LL BRING SHAME TO THIS ISLAND!" The mayor yelled out as he had tears streaming down his cheeks, making the other villagers sweatdrop at his actions. 

"They're going to be something big those two" Makino stated with a smile as she watched the two reconnect with each other after so long while they sailed farther away from the harbor. 

~~~

"Local sea monster in 3....2....and 1" Anoki said as she placed Nathari against her shoulder. "Go ahead Captain, show me how much stronger you've become."