Chapter 18

Anoki's breath evened out as she watched the bounty hunters beneath her cock their guns and unsheathe their blades. She knew that she wouldn't have any problem with taking them out. Plus she had Zoro alongside her who seemed to be itching to unsheathe his swords and test out his new blades from Loguetown. Anoki looked at Zoro from the corner of her eye before giving him a smug smirk and seemingly disappearing from sight, surprising even Zoro. When she appeared again, no one noticed her, for she was amongst the crowd. 

Her scary frame was leaning against Shi as she watched the bounty hunters frantically look around for her missing self, and snickered when they apologized when they bumped into her. People could be so simple minded when their minds are clouded over with fear. Her epithet was the executioner for a reason, even if they changed it to her full name. Her jaw opened and an airy hiss passed her lips, causing the ones around her to freeze in fear and slowly turn their bodies in her direction. She was quick to slash Shi in their direction, causing a wave of energy to pulse out and knock down everyone in its path. Anoki was quick to disappear from everyone's sight once again and continued to slash out Shi in practiced strokes.

Zoro himself had started to fight and was easily slashing through the large crowds of people who tried to rush him. Anoki hid herself in the shadows that the buildings casted and watched as Zoro got punched in the face by a large, burly woman with pink hair. She decided neither of them were worth her time and continued to strike down groups of people, leaving the rest to Zoro. 

____________________________________________________

Anoki made her way to the unsuspecting Nami, who was looting and digging around through drawers. Anoki watched on with her single eye twinkling in amusement as Nami cursed to herself about how absolutely poor this island was, and promptly turned around. Anoki strutted closer as Nami finally opened her eyes...and let out an ear piercing shriek. Anoki nearly jumped six feet in the air at the sound that left Nami's lips and rushed forward to protect her precious navigator. 

"What!? What's going on, who scared you because I swear to my maker I'll kill them then myself!" Anoki rushed out while taking a protective stance in front of the shocked orange haired woman. Nami shook her head, pinched the bridge of her nose, and smacked Anoki's arm. 

"You nearly gave me a heart attack! How long have you been there watching me!" Nami yelled out, an angry flush spreading across her puffed out cheeks. She was beyond embarrassed. Anoki tilted her head to the side and thought about her answer for a few seconds before answering. "Maybe around 3 and a half minutes." Before Nami could yell at the tall first mate some more, Anoki gently grabbed her wrist and lead her out of the room. 

"Come on Nami, you said it yourself; they have nothing of value here. I'll stick by you for now so I can protect you. We both know that Zoro can handle himself".

The two woman tried to sneak around the small building as quietly as they could, even though there wasn't much of a point to it because Anoki would have absolutely no problem wiping the floor with the bounty hunters. She was restraining herself because she didn't want to cause any unnecessary stress for Nami, because Anoki knew how much she already had to deal with the crew. Anoki was only a few paces behind Nami, but both of them came to a complete stop when the mayor of the town laid on the ground in front of them with a dribble of blood spilling from the corner of his mouth. 

Nami was speaking with the mayor, obviously trying to ease a deal out of the man since he wanted them to protect the princess, but Anoki was fixated on the fact that he was using his hair as a weapon. It was bizarre; what thought process went through this man's mind to have him want to get weapons in his hair. 

"Please, Alabasta is an impoverished country but if you were to talk to the princess I'm sure you could come out with something that could satisfy everyone," the man pleaded, his eyes shifting between both of them but otherwise staying completely focused on Nami.