Chapter 9

A rough groan left Anoki's lips as she felt her injuries being jostled around. She felt multiple, slightly wet arms around her body and her mind was kicking into overdrive but her wounds made it to where she could barely move. 

"Are you finally awake human? What's your name, oh my name is Hatchan thanks for asking," Anoki could barely keep her eye open, so she just let the comfort of the darkness take over her mind again. 

Anoki woke up again to this time being propped up against a wall. She blinked a couple of times to clear her eye sight and wasn't expecting what she saw. Zoro casually walking around with a large slash poorly bandaged with many fishmen unconscious surrounding the entire area. 

"Zoro," Anoki mumbled tiredly, "what's going on? Where are we and where is everyone else?" Zoro looked over at Anoki with a look of slight shock and amazement in his eyes. 

"I'm not entirely sure how you are even awake right now, but to answer your questions we are at Arlong Park trying to get Nami back because she's apparently originally part of his crew. The others should be on their way here now." Zoro answered looking over the wall next to Anoki. 

"Where..." a cold feeling shot up Anoki's spin at her dwindling thoughts of her partner, "Where is Nathari?" Her voice full of panic as she tried to stand up, only causing blood to spurt out of several wounds at once, causing her world to spin, but she managed to stay on her feet and try to look around. 

"Hey sit back down before you die of blood loss. Arlong had him along with my sword but I got them back." Anoki grunted in frustration at this but pulled out her twin daggers and handed both to Zoro. "They aren't what we are usually used to but they are stronger than most regular weapons. Use it till we can get your swords back," and with that Anoki leapt over the wall and landed in front of a fishman who was fishing, causing a head tilt and blushes to spring forth from the fishman and Zoro. 

"Ah it's you! You're the human that I carried over because Arlong was interested in you!" The fish cheered, two arms gripping her shoulders and another two holding her hands. Zoro was also peeking over the wall to watch what was going on and was sprouting a frown at the sight of the fishman holding on to Anoki. Hatchan looked up at the green haired male with a furrow on his forehead. "Who are you? Are you one of Arlong's  guests?"

"Uh...yeah I'm one of his guests. Where is he now, me and Anoki were actually looking for him."

"Arlong is in one of the surrounding villages, Cocoyashi. I can give you both a ride there if ya want." Hatchan said while jumping in the water, offering the jug on his back to the two humans who looked absolutely lost. Zoro kneeled down in front of Anoki and she wrapped her legs around his waist and rested her head against his shoulder, Nathari tied to her back. A blush sprouted across his tan cheeks as he got into the jug, allowing the fishman babble on about anything and everything. 

_____________________

Zoro was walking down a path, not really knowing where he was with a semi-conscious Anoki settled on his back. Hatchan told him to go to Cocoyashi village, but the real question was, where the hell is Cocoyashi. Anoki slurred her words here and there, not really knowing what was going on. 

"Zoro," Anoki whined, tightening her hold on the swordsman, "I want to kick some ass, so lets hurry." Zoro snorted at her almost drunk state. 

It was cute. 

"Sure thi-..."

"ZORO!!!!! ANOKI!!!" Both said peoples turned their heads to look at the voice, finding Luffy, Sanji, and the bounty hunter duo come barreling towards them on a small boat at a high speed. Anoki whimpered and clutched Zoro tighter, already knowing that this was going to hurt. 

Luffy laughed merrily as Zoro and Anoki screamed as their bodies were swept up by the boat and eventually crashing into a small mountain.