Chapter 21

([Thank you MadisynMarch1])

-------------------------------------------------------------

Anoki plopped herself down in the dirt to rest as she and the others waited for Luffy to come back. Her ankle was starting to throb and she was starting to really regret her selfish actions earlier. She looked down and started to sweat nervously. 

She took her boot off when she first broke her ankle to allow it to swell. 

She never put her boot back on. 

The wax contraption was set aflame. 

Her boot was probably on fire as well. 

Y I K E S

-

Sanji came casually strolling out of the forest, surprising Anoki, because she honestly forgot about him during the whole ordeal. 

"What the hell happened here?" he questioned out with a cigarette dangling from between his lips. He turned his gaze towards Nami and Vivi and his face immediately became a frightening red shade. "NAMI-SWAN! VIVI-CHAN!" He shouted out, twirling towards them at a fast pace. Vivi held her arms closer towards her chest, uncomfortable with the cook's gaze while Nami didn't even bother to look embarrassed. 

"Now where the hell were you!? We all really could have used your help back there, but instead you decided not to!" Nami shouted, a visible tick mark on her forehead. Sanji puffed out another inhale of smoke and draped his coat over the seething navigator's shoulders. 

"But none of you beautiful ladies were hurt, right?" Sanji asked out, his eyes never leaving Nami's. The navigator scoffed loudly and turned her gaze towards the silently sulking Anoki sitting in the dirt. 

"Anoki broke her ankle." Sanji deflated into a sad puddle of metaphorical goop at Nami's feet, crying pathetically into the wind. He sat up from the ground and sped towards Anoki's spot and bowed, his forehead touching the dirt. 

"I'm sorry my angel for not protecting you! I'm a horrible person for not being there for you in your time of need. Please punish me as you see fit!" 

Anoki looked away from Sanji with a pink hue on her cheeks. She scratched the back of her neck uncomfortably and refused to meet his gaze. 

"I'm not really comfortable giving you punishment Sanji. It wasn't your fault, it was my own and please don't feel the need to protect me. That's my job, protecting all of you," As Anoki finished off her sentence, she sent a blinding smile towards the cook, causing him to fall back into the dirt and clutch at his chest. 

"SO BRIGHT!"

---------------------------------------------------------

Luffy soon emerged from the foliage and smile brightly when he saw all of the crew had gathered around.