The land of the wind

Naruto and Gaara walked into the office leaving us in the hallway. I was exhausted from the journey. Getting my job back felt different now that Naruto and I were dating.
I pushed my back against the wall and closed my eyes. They felt sore from using my new dojutsu.
"Come on, are you tired or what?!" It was Itsuki. He took his mask off and smiled at me. He fluffed his flashy red hair and came closer to stand next to me. I took my mask off.
"Can you blame me? We've been walking for three days." I said smiling back.
"We've been through a lot worse but I'm glad that you're back." He leaned to the wall next to me. "So Why did you quit anyway?" He was honestly concerned.
I scratched my stupid head remembering all the things that went wrong because of my decisions. People of the leaf didn't know that the villan who attacked the village was actually my father. Shikamaru suggested to keep it a secret.
"I had to leave Konoha for some time and I asked Naruto.. I mean lord seventh to let me.." I blushed.
"Oh come on, you don't have to pretend!" He smirked. "I caught you in his clothes, didn't I?"
"Oh, shut up, Itsuki!" I pushed him a little. He chuckled.
"Isn't it weird?"
"What?"
"That you're working for him now?" He was right. It felt weird standing as a guard in the hallway, waiting for him to discuss business with the Kazekage. Itsuki hit me right where it hurt, even if he didn't mean to. I softly smiled at him.
"Well, looks like lord seventh isn't able to bring his toy to the serious stuff." Someone mumbled across the hallway. It was Fumi. Another anbu member. Her words made my body burn with rage.
"What's that suppose to mean?!"
"Hey, Fumi, stop saying mean things like that.." Itsuki grabbed my arm and pulled me back. She smiled and looked away. At that moment I was ready to murder her.

Naruto and Gaara walked out of the office. We put our masks back.
"You must rest now. My people will escort you to your rooms." Said Gaara.
"Thanks, Gaara! See you in two hours.. also there's somebody I want you to meet."
"I'll be waiting."
Right after we followed Naruto down the hallway I caught Fumis eyes looking at me like I had murdered her cat or something.
I was always proud to follow and serve Naruto but now... now I wanted to stand next to him, I wanted to be seen with him. Fuckin Fumi! She messed my head up!

***

I was soaking in the hot water when Naruto joined me. For the first time, I didn't feel too happy about it. He hugged me from behind and placed soft kisses on my neck.
"You look tasty, Akari! You know what would make you look even tastier?"
I knew he was about to say something stupid.
"What?" I asked anyway cuz he wanted to say it out loud.
"You, bathing in a huge bowl of ramen!" I laughed.
"I'll do that for you someday."
"You're the woman of my dreams!" He kissed me on the cheek. "You seem kinda off tonight. What's wrong?"
"Everything's fine"
"I know when you're lying, Akari." I didn't answer. He wasn't my boss right now and I was still mad about Fumis words, calling me a toy.  I just pushed my back against his chest and closed my eyes, relaxing my body, feeling the hot water surrounding me. "I want you to meet Gaara tonight."
"And why" I asked like I didn't care at all. I was taking it all out on Naruto. 
"Because he's my friend... and we'll have some hot sake."
"Now we're talking!"
He chuckled and ran his fingers on the red, curvy lines on my shoulder. 
"Akari, are you mad ar me or something?" He asked. "You know I'm not good at that kind of stuff so if I did something to upset you, just tell me."
"I should get ready to meet with the Kazekage."

I got out of the tub, put on my robe and went outside. The full moon was shining upon the village hidden in the sand. I could hear the people buzzing down the streets, talking, laughing, drinking together.
I took a deep breath. This view reminded me of the night Naruto and I met. We were in the desert, cathing our breath after the battle. I remembered how I called him stupid and reckless. I chuckled. Back then everything was different and now.. now I'm in his room wearing nothing but a bath robe.
I couldn't let myself feel this bad about Fumis words. I wasn't just his toy, we loved each other and I needed to remember that. I was so stupid for acting so cold around Naruto.
I heard the balcony door open.
It was him.
"Hey I wanted to..." I didn't let him finish the sentence. I felt like I needed to hold him. I pushed my face on his chest and closed my arms around his muscular body. He gasped.
"I love you." I mumbled. He was confused for a second, then he just wrapped his arms around me, almost squeezing me to death.
"And I love you."
"But you love Sasuke more, right?" I asked smiling.
"Are you serious right now?!"
I laughed and pushed my lips against his. For a moment we were lost in the kiss.
"Come on, let's meet Gaara and get drunk!" I slapped his ass and went to get dressed.
"What's up with you tonight?"
"Girls are weird, Naruto! You have to deal with it!"