Trick

Akaris POV:

It felt amazing to wake up in my bed, but I couldn't find Naruto there. He must've left.
I put my robe on and went to the living room to find Ogen reading make out paradise like a maniac.
"Did you sleep at least?"
"No, it was too interesting."
"Jeez..." I made some coffee. "Hey, where's Naruto?"
"He left."
"For work?"
"Dunno. He just left." I grabbed his book. "Hey!"
"Go outside, Ogen! Live! Meet someone!"
"But.."
"No buts! You can't sit here forever!" I headed towards my room. Ogens hand appeared out of nowhere and took the book from me. "What the?! Seriously?"
"Let me read, woman!"
"What?!" I was confused. He turned into an idiot in this world. There was no way to make him stop reading so I decided to head to hokages office.

***

I met Sakura in the hallway. She dragged me outside.
"What's going on, Sakura?"
"I wanted to talk to you!" She smiled. "And Narutos busy anyway so I thought maybe we could take a walk!"
"Well sure, but I was gonna ask if he had any mission for me."
"He doesn't!" She was acting a little weird today.
"So what do you want to talk about?" I asked.
"Oh right. How are you feeling? Did your arm heal?" I looked at my arm.
"I think so, it doesn't hurt anymore."
"What about your eyes? You said they used to bleed whenever you used that jutsu."
"I'm okay, I guess. I haven't tried using that jutsu since I made it back. I don't think I'll ever use that again." I smiled looking at her. "Thank you for taking care of me."
"Oh stop it! It's a beautiful day! I was planning to check on kids in the academy."
"The new generation? I feel old..."
"Me too.."
"Easy for you to say, you won't age."
"And you're a goddess or something!" We burst out laughing. "Come, let's meet the kids."

I've never really been the type of person who hangs out with kids. To be honest I've never really had the chance. This day felt different in a good way.
"Hey, lady, do you really know the hokage in person like Sakura does?!" Asked the boy with a crazy black hair. And he just called me a lady...
"Yes, I do know him."
"Awesome! Is he really that cool?! People say he rides a giant flaming fox and slays his enemies just by giving them one look!"
"Eh?" I just imagined how Naruto likes to sleep.. drooling over the pillow, snoring like a pig and just being himself. "Yes he is really that cool." I answered laughing. "And you know what? I'll tell you a secret!" He started jumping from joy. "People say that Lord seventh has a fox lady fetish!"
"What's a fox lady fetish?"
"Oh, it means that he likes to..."
"That's enough for today, Akari!" Sakura saved the kid from me. I was laughing so hard.
"I'm sorry, I just had to." I wiped my tears. "Riding a giant flaming fox? That's ridiculous! The fox lady thing wasn't a joke though."
"It's nice how people see Naruto... as a hero." She smiled at me. "But we both know he's just an idiot, right?"
"And that makes him complete." Sakura saw me blush saying that.
"Female foxes?" She asked on our way back.
"Yeah.. he just can't help himself when he sees one." I put my hands in my pockets and smiled like a winner.
"I knew he was weird, from the start."

***

I spent hours doing daily, boring stuff. Ogen was desperate about that book, Mayumi was on a date with Kakashi and Kosuke was on a mission. I went to see Naruto and maybe help him with work.
I knocked on the office door.
Shikamaru opened it.
"Akari?"
"Hm yes, that's me! " I waved.
"Wait a sec." He closed the door in my face. What are they up to? I heard shikamaru whispering and arguing.
Seconds later he opened the door.
"Come in. Sorry about that."
I entered. Naruto was standing by the window.
"Is everything okay?" I asked. He coughed.
"Hm... uh.. yes, yes, everything is okay. How are you Akari?" He smiled awkwardly.
"I'm fine, I was just bored at home and I thought maybe I could help or I don't know... do something important.." I scratched my head.
"Really? Like what?" Naruto looked at Shikamaru, He was sweating.
"Naruto, I think you should rest tonight. Go on a date or something." Shikamaru looked away. I felt confused.
"On a date?!" Naruto was shaking.
"Dunno, just... leave everything to me!" He pushed us out of the office.