The Promise

He slept so peacefully. He was smiling as sunlight played on his warm skin. I chuckled.
"Wake up, Lord Hokage!" I whispered into his ear. He opened his big blue eyes and smiled with his cheeks blushing.
"Mornin' goddess!"
"Stop calling me that!" I blushed and covered my face. He kissed me and hugged my naked chest, squishing the right side of his face into my breast. I ran my fingers through his hair.
"Akari, you feel so good. I want to stay here forever!" I put my chin on his head holding him into my arms. I got kinda sad. I still had to leave the village.
"Don't leave me, Akari." He mumbled and suddenly i could see the little kid in him begging me not to leave him alone again.
"Naruto..." I kissed him passionately. "I have to do it, but it doesn't have to take forever!"
"I want you by my side. I want to be with you."
"So do I. But I need to know who I am."
"Ugh, fine. I'll give you a permission to leave! Oh, wait, what time is it?!" I looked at the clock.
"It's um.. 9:30 why? What's wrong?" He slapped his face.
"I'm gonna be late for work!" I smiled. He looked adorable. "I have to send my shadow clone!"
"Make two." I said, laying down smirking.
"What for?"
"I might have an idea." I said dragging one of his clones in bed with us.
"Oh come on guys! You're making me go to work now?!" Said the third one.
"Well one of us has to do it! Leave now!" Naruto threw a pillow at him.
"Screw you, guys!"

***

Naruto was sitting at his desk, looking at the paper Akari had left, clicking the pen nervously. Someone knocked on the door.
"Uh, come in!" Naruto lifted his head up.
"Good morning, Naruto!"
"Hey, Sakura!"
"I was looking for Sasuke and I decided to see you since I'm here." She sat on the desk. Naruto looked back on the paper. "What are you doing?"
"I'm not sure if I should sign it or not." He seemed sad. Sakura looked closely and recognized a name on the paper.
"Akari Yamamoto? That's the girl you..."
"Sakura!" She smiled.
"Your secret is safe with me, silly! So what's the problem?"
"She's asking to leave but I can't let her. What if she doesn't come back or what if she gets hurt?! I'm not gonna be there to protect her!" Sakura placed her hand on Narutos.
"Hey, she's strong. She's the one who protected you, remember?!" She chuckled.
"Not funny, Sakura!" Naruto made a grumpy face.
"If you care about her you should let her leave. And I know she will come back to you, cuz she cares about you too!" Her eyes were so kind and comforting. "And don't be afraid! You're not gonna lose her too. Move on Naruto, you deserve to be happy! Just open your heart to love!" Naruto smiled at her.
"Thank you! I needed that."
"Oh by the way, why is she leaving?"
"To learn to control her powers."
"What powers?"
"Oh, she's an Otsutsuki." Sakura freaked out and hit the desk.
"She's what?!" Naruto jumped to the corner with tears running down his face.
"Aaaw, Sakura you broke my table!"

***

I was standing at the gates, waiting for Mayumi and Hikaru. The wind was softly blowing on the trees. I closed my eyes. This is the peace Naruto had created. I smiled remembering his loving eyes. I took the leaf out of my hair and looked at it.
I'm going to miss my village. I wish I didn't have to leave.
"Akari!" Naruto called me from behind. I turned. He looked sad and grumpy with his Hokage cloak swaying with the wind. "Here. I signed it. You're free to go." I took the paper out of his hand.
"Why is this torn to pieces?"
"Yeah, Sakura crushed my office." He was avoiding the eye contact. I felt so small standing in front of him. I chuckled.
"Can I ask why?"
"Meh.." i put the paper in my pocket and kissed his cheek gently.
"Thank you, lord seventh." I said. His eyes widened, he hugged me really tight. I was completely wrapped up in his cloak, feeling warm and safe in his strong arms.
"I want you to stay." He said holding me tight. I ran my fingers in his soft hair.
"I'll be back soon. I promise." He leaned forward to kiss me.
"Hey Naruto!" Kakashi was walking towards us with Mayumi on his back. She was waving at us.
"Kakashi sensei!" We both smiled awkwardly.
"Saying your goodbyes?" Asked Mayumi with a creepy smile on her face. I blushed.
"Lord sixth!" I smiled at Kakashi. I've never seen him so... so casual and with his girlfriend now.
"You must be Akari!" He smiled behind his mask.
"Yes, lord sixth!"
"Oh, stop with that. Just call me Kakashi." He waved his hand.
"Hikaru will be here in a second." Said Mayumi looking back.
"Are you guys sure you'll be okay?" Asked Naruto.
"Don't ask stupid questions, Naruto!" Mayumi put her arm around narutos shoulders. He was way taller so she was practically hanging on his neck. "Your girl here will be fine."
"My girl?" He said blushing.
"Oh we.. I mean I.." my cheeks were burning.
"Sorry I'm late!" It was Hikaru.

He practically saved us from that awkward situation Mayumi had put us in. Naruto and I still haven't talked about last night. I guess it was a one time thing. Well, I can't say for sure.

"What took you so long?" Asked Mayumi annoyingly.
"I had to do some.. stuff. Why do you care?"
"Oh, fine, grandpa."
"I guess it's time for us to leave." I said.
"Yeah, okay!" Mayumi turned, pulled Kakashis mask down and kissed him. Every one of us were starring, desperate to see his face. Naruto almost fell trying to catch a glimpse.
"That's disgusting." Said Hikaru and he left. "Catch up, guys!"
"Naruto I saw his face!" I whispered to his ear.
"You did?!" He freaked out. "Oh, come on! I think I'm the only one who hasn't seen it yet!"
"Okay, I didn't. Just messin with you. We're in this together."
"Okay, let's go Akari!" Said Mayumi as she fixed kakashis mask back. "Bye Naruto!"
"Hey, Mayumi, you take good care of her!"
"Yeah, yeah!"

It was just me and Naruto left. He was still holding my hand.
"Are you sure about this?" He asked hoping I'd say no.
"I have to do this." I smiled at him. "You don't have to be sad, you know! It's not like I'm leaving forever!"
"Promise you'll come back soon."
"I promise, lord Hokage!" I said with a smirk. He pulled me closer and kissed me.
"Bye, Akari."

I didn't want to let go of his hand. I wanted to be with him for so long and now, when I finally got it, I had to leave. I was telling myself it was for the greater good as i walked away from him, that it was the only right thing to do. But, gosh, it was so hard. I looked back at him, standing at the gates, watching me as I disappeared from his sight.
"Come on, Akari hurry up!"
"I'm coming!"
I turned knowing he was still watching.
Goodbye Naruto... I will get stronger and come back to you, I promise.

[Author's note: make sure to read "The Tale of Mayumi." to find out more about Mayumi and Hikaru!
For more artworks visit instagram: @ldartworks ]