A Beautiful Day To Be Alive

I could feel my body coming back to life after that nights horrors. But the pain was still there like i still had her damn claw in my belly.
The air smelled like fresh flowers. Maybe Kosuke brought them for me. I smiled a little. I was happy to be alive after all there were so many things i wanted to do! 
Suddenly i felt someone touch my face. Their fingers were kinda rough but comforting. Whoever was touching my face was really careful not to wake me up. A tear of happiness rolled down my cheek and ran through my hair. I tried to open my eyes.
At first it was all blurry but bright. I think i saw a piece of orange clothing rushing out of the room.
"Lord Seventh?" I mumbled but there was no answer.

Later that day Sakura came by to check on me. I was feeling a lot better, more...alive.
Sakura had her hair up and a smile on her face. I always liked her.
"By the morning you'll be well enough to leave the hospital!" She said, healing my wound.
"Thanks, Sakura." She gave me a cute smile. "May I ask about lord seventh?"
"Oh, Naruto? He's fine, thanks to you! If you weren't there to save him we would have lost him." Just the thought of that gave me goosebumps.
"I was just doing my job." I said.
"You know, when we found you he wouldn't let me heal him before i helped you. He was so worried he came to check on you six times today! He even slept here yesterday. " Sakuras words were just flying around in the room. My brain froze. I didn't even hear the rest of it.
"He what?!" I said.
"Are you an old friend of Naruto's?" Sakura asked me.
"Uh, no. I'm... I'm just an Anbu in his service."
"Oh." Sakura had the look on her face like she realized my secret crush on Naruto. I was still shocked with the fact that he came to check on me that many times. I mean, he always cared for everyone in this village but, did he really, like REALLY care for me?

***

Next morning i was ready to leave the hospital. Sakura came to ckeck on me once more before signing me out. She said I'd be fine but obviously I needed tor rest and regain my strength, which I wouldn't agree on, obviously. I got dressed and went to get a new uniform, since mine got torn in the battle.
It was a beautiful day. I enjoyed the warmth of the sun on my skin. Children's laughter filled the air. It was peaceful.
"Akari ! " i heard as somebody jumped down the roof and in front of me. Before i could see their face, he hugged me really, really tight.
"Kosuke?"
"Baka! I was so worried about you!" I looked into his green eyes and smiled.
"I'm fine now. You were worried about me, ha ha ! "
"Pfft! No! I wasn't." He got kinda shy. I pushed him.
"Yea, you just said so!"
"I didn't."
"Well i heard you loud and clear." He shook his head. Idiot. Of course he was worried about me, we were like a family. "I'm going to get a new uniform. Will you walk with me?"
"Like I have anything better to do." He smiled and we started walking towards the hokages office.
"So how was it?"
"How was what?"
"Saving the love of your life. " suddenly my face lit up in million shades of red. "Don't try to lie to me, Akari. I think he likes you too. He was practically living in your room when you were passed out. Is it considered stalking when someone likes to watch you sleep?" He just wouldn't stop talking. I was so embarrassed.
"Shut up, Kosuke!"
"I haven't even started yet!"
"Oh no"

***
Finally, we got to the Hokages office. I was too excited to see him. I stepped in the room after Kosuke. Seven anbus were there including us. We took our places. There was Naruto with his busy, hokage face on, talking to his advisor, Shikamaru. He barely even looked at me. It hurt me a little. I mean, i knew he wasn't gonna fall in love with me or something but still, it hurt me a little. . He started talking.

"Oh, good. You're all here. So, the village might be in danger due to recent events. All we know is that someone wanted to hurt me. I need you to find out as much as possible about that. I need to know who wants me out of the way. " he stopped and looked out the window. Suddenly I remembered that horrible night. Him bleeding and slowly dying in my arms. "Anyway.." he turned and smiled. "You have 3 days and this is a top secret mission so do your best. Dismissed. " as i stood up to leave i heard a voice call my name.
"Akari.." my heart started to beat faster. "Except you." Everyone left except me. I turned to him.

"But lord Seventh? " i almost yelled at him. Shikamaru smiled and started to wander back and forth in the room. Naruto sat down and took some papers.
"You're hurt. You can't be sent on a mission right now."
"I'm fine. I can do this!"
"No, you can't!" I could hear Shikamaru laughing at us. we were practically yelling at each other.
"I said I'm fine!" I felt pain in my belly as I raised my voice at him. I stopped and trembled a little. Next thing i saw Naruto was looking at me with a stupid face he made when he was right.
"You were saying?" Who was I kidding. I wasn't feeling anywhere near to fine. "Akari..." his voice got deeper. "Go home and get some rest. You deserve it."

I bowed my head and left his office. As soon as i closed the door behind me i heard Shikamarus voice.
"You're hilarious Naruto. You have absolutely no clue how to deal with wemen"
"Oh and you do?!"
I wanted to stay and listen in but I saw some jounin heading towards the office and i left.

***

It was strange, having a day off. I was always working, going on missions, stayed in different villages, barely spent any time at my apartment. But the worst part was that Kosuke left with the others so i had nobody to hang out with.
I took my uniform off and put on my usual clothes, which felt really weird. It was a sunny day. I fixed my hair up and sat by the balcony. The flowers on the balcony had died. I haven't been home much lately.
I sat there all day, playing with the stray cat that used to visit me time to time, looking at people on the street.  When
the sun began to sat I got hungry so i went to the kitchen to find something to eat at.
"Of course, the fridge is empty! Idiot !" I sighed  and headed towards the couch. I was too lazy to go out to eat. "Damn it, Naruto! You should've let me go on that damn mission."

Suddenly the doorbell rang.  I went to open it  and couldn't believe my eyes.
"Hey, Akari. I wanted to check on you!" He smiled awkwardly and scratched his head.
"Lord Hokage?" I said blushing. He was wearing an orange jacket and a white t-shirt and i looked like a mess.
"May i come in? "
"Oh, sure!" I stepped aside so he could come in. What was happening?!

We sat on the couch. It was really awkward. We both had no idea what to say.
"Uhm.. I wanted to thank you for saving my life. It was a brave thing you did. You're really brave. " he smiled awkwardly. "Hm... how's your wound?"
"Oh, it's better, but still hurts a little. Nothing a ninja can't handle, right? How's yours?"
"Usually my wounds heal pretty fast so I'm good as new! Hm, I feel really bad that you got hurt because of me." 
"That's alright! After all you're always there to protect everyone. It's the least i can do for you lord Seventh."
"There's something i want to try." He sat closer to me. "To thank you, you know!" I was panicking. He leaned in and smiled at me. "Can i have your hand?" 
"What for?" I said and started laughing nervously . He had no idea why i was laughing but the awkwardness had left the room. He held my hand.
"We need your help buddy!"
"Hm, Lord Hokage? Are you summoning a ghost in my apartment?"
"Eh? No, silly." He shook his head. "I'm talking to Kurama. Yea, you!" He was arguing with himself. I couldn't hold it anymore and i burst out laughing. Suddenly red chakra started flowing from his hand to mine and covered my whole body.
"Woah! What is this ?! "  it was flowing around me, like i was on fire. Naruto smiled at me.
"Looks great on you! "
"What is this for?"
"Check your wound." I checked and couldn't believe my eyes.
"It's gone!"  I was shocked. He scratched his head.
"Are you hungry?"

***
He took me to Ichiraku's obviously. That was his all-time favorite place. We had fun together. He was fun to hang out with. 
He was walking me home after dinner. It was a quiet and a warm night.
"So he's always there?" I asked.
"From the day i was born! He's even listening right now you know!" He put his hand on his chest. I leaned in and said.
"Hi, Kurama. It's nice to meet you!" When i got my head up my face met Naruto's. His cheeks blushed. "What is it?" I asked.
"Um, nothing! Stupid Kurama said something to me."
"What did he say?" We were standing really close to each other. He started to sweat.
"Um.. I..."
"Naruto?!" Suddenly Shikamaru and Temari appeared.
"Oh, hey guys!" Naruto turned. So awkward.
"What's going on here?" Temari asked smiling. Narutos face got red like a tomato.
"We were just.. I mean I.. "
"Lord Seventh just wanted to thank me for saving his life." I saved Naruto from trouble and smiled at them.
"Yea!" Naruto screamed like a little kid. He was so adorable. I chuckled.
"Well, it's getting late, I should probably head home. Lord seventh, thank you for the dinner. "
"Um, okay. Well goodnight then, Akari." His smile was so sincere.
"Goodnight." I turned and left.
"Oh and you better come to the office first thing in the morning.. for business, um, the mission. Yea, whatever.. just be there !" He yelled from across the street. I chuckled.
"I will, Lord hokage!"