The Temple

By the sunset we had already reached the mountains where the trail lead. It was still raining.
I was running after Lord Seventh. My clothes and cloak were soaking wet. I was freezing and I used way too much chakra on fighting him. Damn, he really is strong. I felt like i was gonna faint soon. He stopped at the stairs carved in the rocks leading up to the top covered in fog.
"That must be it!" He said. I finally caught up to him. I tried to hide my exhaustion.
"It's a long way up." I said breathing heavily.
"Yea, that's where we're supposed to meet Sasuke."
"Meet lord Sasuke?!" I raised my voice. "Looks like I don't know anything about this mission." I mumbled.
"I seem to get weak around that creatures powers so we need someone as strong as Sasuke to stop her, you know?!" He was looking up at the top where the stairs lead. "I can't sense his chakra. We should wait for him." 

We found another cave near the stairs and decided to wait there. Thankfully, Naruto suggested that or I would never admit how tired i was. I lit a fire and took my off my anbu armour. I sat at the fire and watched him take his off. His skin was so shiny, so strong. I couldn't tear my eyes off of his body. He looked at me.
"Akari, you're shivering!"
"It's alright Lord Seventh!" I smiled and hugged my knees.
"Oh, stop with the lord part already!" He scratched his head and sat near me. "Hey, I'm sorry that I had to lie to you." His eyes were so innocent so sincere. "Otherwise you'd start calling me Lord Seventh or whatever and I really, really wanted to get to know the real you!"
"It's okay lord...Naruto." He smiled at me.
"Just like that! You don't have to call me lord, that makes me feel old like granny Tsunade!" I chuckled and started thinking about everything he went through to get here. My eyes filled with tears as I remembered the way he was when he lost Hinata. Even after he became the Hokage he had to return home every evening and be that little lonely kid he always was.
"Naruto.."
"What is is, Akari?!" His face expression changed.
"You're a good person and.. And you deserve to be happy"   His cheeks blushed. He stared at me for some time, looking carefully and studying every little inch of my face, slowly leaning in. I got lost in the moment, looking at his ocean eyes, dying for his lips to touch mine.
"Naruto." We heard a mans voice. It was Sasuke. I turned my face away, I was embarrassed.
"Oh, Sasuke... you're here." Said Naruto.
"Can I talk with you?" He asked and Naruto walked outside with him.

***

Few minutes later we headed to the stairs. It had stopped raining but it was getting dark and foggy.
"So what does that creature want from lord seventh?" I asked carefully not to piss Sasuke off. He didn't like me.
"His chakra as far as we know."
"I thought we left that in the past." Said Naruto with the pain in his eyes.
"That creature is just a summoning that can shape shift, but the one who's controlling it is our target. I wonder, why it turned into a naked lady fox. Do you have some kind of fox fetish, Naruto?" Sasuke chuckled. Narutos face turned red.
"Sasuke! Why are you embarrassing me?! I'm the Hokage now, you can't say things like that about me! " he was practically crying out of embarrassment.
"You're still a loser to me, Naruto!"
"Sasukeeeeeee, stop it!" I chuckled. They were like an old married couple.
"Is that is?!" I stopped as I saw a huge abandoned temple on the top. Its walls were covered with moss. Naruto activated his sage mode.
"I sense it. This way." He found a stairway going under the temple and stopped by the entrance. "Sasuke." He boys looked at each other and nodded. Sasuke left. I didn't understand their connection. I followed Naruto down.
The place was dark and muddy. Well I hope it was mud, it was wet and sticky. I don't even wanna know.
"Watch your step, Akari!" He said to me.
"Finally you showed up !" We heard a womans voice from far. I grabbed my katana and got into fighting position. The creatures body lit up in flames. That was her, the thing that almost killed us. She was laying on the rocks within the cave waving her tails. Naruto stepped up.
"Enough with the sexy jutsu! Just show me your real face and let's settle this !" The creature moved towards us.
"Oh, why? I'm sure you want to do it again."
"Back off, lady ! "
"Fine" the beautiful goddess-like creature turned into a disgusting demon with the sticky thing dripping out of it's mouth.
"I think you should've let her stay that way, Naruto."
"It was getting really hard.. um.. to concentrate." His body lit up and ran towards the creature. The thing split up into more of them. It was everywhere. I was using water and lightning style combo to fight them off. Everytime i killed one it burnt and disappeared.
"What are these  anyway?!" I yelled to naruto as he was fighting three of them.
"It's a demon spirit!"
"Well they're disgusting. Take this !" I kicked one into its face and cut its head off. Suddenly one of them bit my leg and i fell onto the sticky ground.  "Just piss off! " i saw more of them running to attack me.  I had to do something and do it quickly!
"Rasengan!"  What the... i opened my eyes and saw Naruto on top of me. Protecting me while his clones fought off the demons.
"Im not letting you get hurt anymore. Never again!" he smiled, helped me up and got back to fight.
Suddenly I saw somebody running away. I had to follow. I ran after them into the dark tunnel, all i could hear was their footsteps. I felt like i was running forever. What the hell is this?! I felt pain in my back. I fell on my knees. Is this a genjutsu?!
"I got you, bitch!" She stood in front of me smiling. I tried to get up but my body wouldn't listen.
"What are you doing to me?! Why can't I move?!
"That's my speciality!" She kicked me in the face. I fell. "That's for almost killing me the last  time!"
"I don't even know who you are! " i forced myself to get up, grabbed kunai from my back and scratched her face. She got mad and stabbed me one more time. Damn it, I couldn't fight! I used my chakra on fighting with Naruto before. I'm such an idiot. I gathered my strength and released fireball. She backed down and Sasuke caught her pushing his sword on her neck.
"I'll kill you without a blink if you try to run again!" He said.
I felt blood filling my mouth. Damn it, not again.
"Akari !"  I heard a voice calling me but I couldn't answer i passed out.