A Laughing Stock Have A Father

Devan closed the door. Bridgette stay at her state, stunned and frightened at the same time. He turns back his whole body, sighing. She is picking two step back, Devan didn't move a bit.

He looked at her full of concern as Bridgette's feets stabbed by shrads. Blood streaming down from her ankles. He quickly rushed from his state and kneeling down to look at her wounds, Bridgette pull up her ankles further.

"Stay, I'll treat your wounds," he get up after observed it and exiting the room to get first medical aid box.

She let out a soft whimpers, "Ah it hurts. Can I trust him?" She shooked her head to right and left. Searching any way so she could get out from this place.

Bridgette attempting desperately to get up. Her legs wobble for a bit, she grab the pole of the bed and walking slowly. Blood pouring down in every inch of move, making her to feel unease for some reason.

The shrads stabbed her ankles so deep. One step forwards she's stumbling due to the frame as the door opened. Devan run and catch her in time, he looks mad at a second. Bridgette eyes blinking, "I demand you to stay! And what stupid thing you doing? Trying to escape, that's not the right time for this!"

She shut her mouth and lowering her chin, "Why you're helping me? I thought you would mad after I knew this stuff," she murmurs though Devan clearly heard it.

He lifts up her chin to look at his shimmering jade eyes, "Isn't it obvious? We're family, you're my daughter after all. So stop to act weird and please tell me what you're feeling, I begged you."

Bridgette bit her lips hardly almost to get bleed. As she said before, it was too unfair. 'You should say this things to Marinette, not me. Please don't be so kind!' She screams aloud in her silent mind.

Devan wrapping her ankles gently. Try possible to not let her hurt any more. After finished the treatment he helps her to stand up and seat her on the bed. Bridgette looks at her wounded ankles deeply while Devan sweeping the floor.

"Still hurt?" His voices distracting her mind, Bridgette tossing back her thought.

She never felt like this before. Everything in Marinette world were so new to her, even for this once. He paused his swept and sat next to her. She could see his sweat and tan skin. Marinette has a father, lucky her..

Bridgette laid her eyes on the photo again. She spoke, "How the story you become friends with them?" She pretending to act cold for Marinette sake.

Unexpected he laughing without manners, "I knew sooner or later you would found out all of these. I can be their friends because of destiny? What could you think about anything else??"

"If its that the case, why I ended up in here? Does my mother still alive?" Her eyes dimmed in a second.

Devan pat her shoulders softly, "Your mother still alive, and for your question why you ended up in here. Im just fulfill my promised to show my loyalty."

Her pupils grow wider than usually. 'What does that mean?' She rub his hands, "What promised?" He seems hesitate to tell her or not.

He sighed after considerate. He decided, "I cannot tell you that, anyway my lovely daughter can I ask you something?"

She nods in agreement, "Do you hate me? Am I not decent as your father? Do you really hate me that much? You aren't urge to see me.."

Bridgette is clearing her throat. His questions were throbbing in her head, 'Not decent as my father? What the hell he said about?'. Bridgette shakes her head, it was too unfair. You better to ask Marinette not me.

Her head is full of question the way her biological father died. The reason, the way her sister gone from her hugs. The promised, all of them are too much for her. Yet she barely forget her purpose in Marinette's world for what.

For seize the answer, for collecting information. Marinette's world were too kind yet she forget all of them belongs to Marinette. Not her. This father, grandma, her new friends, Felix..All belongs to Marinette.

She squished her lap made Devan Kylant frowns his brows. He let out a genuinely smiles and the sad one. His smiles too faint. Bridgette steal a glance and barely knew his glassy eyes form.

She felt guilt. Devan is nice person, humble, gentle, and kind to me nor Marinette. She shut her eyes and calming down her heart beat. This is not Bridgette want to say but all of this kindness belongs to Marinette.

But, Devan want to hear her answers now. And that's made her frustrate for a bit, Marinette is too lucky for have him as her father. Father, what's the feeling to have father?

Is too new for her, the feeling for Bridgette never know like what. Then In front of her, the true self of father. Full of caring and loves, unfortunately he gives that for the wrong people.

Only if he knew that she wasn't Marinette what his reaction?

Did he mad or would he upset?

If he know...

He stands up immediately made Bridgette surprised for awhile, "That's enough I could know the answers without you saying. But the words you should remember.."

"Im always here for you Marinette. Im always love you though you expected these words from your biological father. You're still the part of this family, and only my daughter.."

Bridgette felt her eyes starts watery now. 'Why im like a crybaby? What happened? Why I felt like I wanna cry this times??' She wondered when Devan exiting the room leisury.

"Why.." She murmurs and her chest throbbing without cautions.

His words just like mother's. Her body trembles in guilt, "Im always here for..Did it suppose to you? What do you think Bridgette!" She is messing her hair right now.

"Their for Marinette, im here for fixing up and because that damn chaos.." Tears dripping from her blue-bell eyes gently.

'Don't be naive'. Bridgette closed her eyes and remembered the memory with Devan. So beautifull and good memories. He visit her temporary but his sounds too concern and panicked if everything goes wrong with her.

He patiently hearing her demands and grant her wishes. Bridgette silentlty cries, those all the feeling which too new for her. The feeling, the memory. Is that they said for having a father?

She was being a laughing stock for not having a father. Being bullied, and yet he cames. No, he hasn't come but she appears. Entering Marinette's world and being his daughter for a reason.

Should she said by pity?

Or blessing?

"Why my feeling mixed up like this! Im happy and sad for the same time, its suffuocating!" She silently screams and realized that..

He's for Marinette. Not her. Though this is the first time, she felt like she have a father. For the first time.