Chapter 73

~.~.~.~

Unknown: Happy Birthday, Jasmine.

~.~.~.~

Birthday mornings are a different feeling entirely. It was similar to summer mornings, when the sun shone through your window to wake you up, or snowy mornings where the atmosphere in the air around you was so different to usual, so ethereal and unusual yet so beautiful and relaxing. It was similar to mornings when you woke up, knowing that something good was lying ahead in your day and it was what made you struggle to get to sleep the night before, or like when you woke up in a hotel room, in a new country on holiday.

There was just something about birthday mornings that whilst being so bitter at the realisation that you were actually growing up, it was so sweet as well.

Atleast, I felt that way for the first few moments, when my eyes opened and I remembered that it was my birthday. And the next few seconds were the most depressing as I realised it wasn't meant to be just my birthday, it's our birthday. And the person I share my birthday with was no longer here. So how could I feel happy any longer than that?

It was like that every year. I couldn't celebrate any birthday without the lingering feeling of knowing that Jessica Kiara Greene was supposed to be there to celebrate with me. My twin, my other half and my best friend. And this morning was no different. The only thing that was different was waking up in my new home - my home away from home.

I sat up, already dreading the day when I noticed that Harry's side of the bed was made and had a card laying on top of it. I smiled to myself softly, finding it sweet but just wishing that today was treated like a normal day as I missed being at home so much today and didn't feel like celebrating. It simply felt wrong.

I tend to pick my phone up first but curiosity struck me and I abandon my phone to pick up the card that sat beside me. A small sticker held the envelope together and I found myself laughing at the newfound knowledge that Harry had Dinosaur stickers.

I gently lift the flap, making sure to not rip the sticker or the envelope and I'm met with a picture of Harry and I, making me smile. It was bordered with a frame that was printed on the card and underneath it was a personalised text that wrote 'Happy Birthday Jasmine!'

I put the envelope on the table beside me so that I could open up the card and read it. I loved cards a lot and seeing that Harry hadn't just signed it but had a whole message written on the right-hand side made me excited.

Jasmine,
How does it feel to be old? I wouldn't know, you're 22 before me and I need you to give me some tips before my birthday, you oldie!

I laughed as I read Harry's attempt to making me feel old. Of course, he wouldn't fail to mention our three month age gap, where I was ever so slightly older. And of course, he tried his hardest to make the age gap seem much larger than it was.

But at least you can scream Taylor's lyric at the top of your lungs and I know you must have been waiting all your life to be able to say it!

He wasn't wrong. Ever since the song came out, being the die-hard Taylor Swift fan I was, I was always quite excited for the day when I could finally belt the song out to everyone around me.

Jasmine, I know you're not fond of birthdays. And it's why I don't want to make it uncomfortable for you but I'm sure that I'm allowed to treat you like you're the Queen of The World.

So, I just wanted to say a huge thank you for being the best, most inspiring person I know, yet so lovely and funny and for making my days worth waking up for. Saying yes to Mum and Dad that day to come to Australia was the best decision I'd made in my life and I'll make sure that you know that for today but also the rest of your life.