Chapter 109

A few mornings later, I'd woken up in one of the best moods I had woken up in, in a long time. I'd showered without help, got dressed and made myself look presentable. I had no idea what had caused the sudden dopamine rush in me, but it certainly surprised everyone, myself included.

"You're definitely okay?" Harry had asked me, watching me tie my hair loose ponytail at the base of my neck - my go to hair do the last few days as it kept my hair out of my face but didn't pull at my head like a tighter ponytail would, which would have inevitably left me scratching at my scalp, with an intense rush of pain pounding through. It actually happened one evening and Harry was left concerned as he sat at the bed and watched me remove my hair tie.

"Oh, that kills." I'd hissed in pain, even with the small movements as I tried to roll the hair tie off as gently as possible.

"What does?" He'd asked, leaving his phone.

"My head." It was a mumble that left my lips as I wasn't intending on him hearing it.

"Did you take your medicines today? You've been talking about your head hurting for the large part of the evening."

"I did. That's not why though. My ponytail was too tight." I'd explained to him, watching as he walked over to the dressing table where I was sat under the dim light.

"Do you want me to -?" He didn't finish his question, leaving it like an unfinished trail as he reached forth to help me out, not waiting for my answer to the question either. He'd managed to take the hair tie out, mere seconds later, despite it stinging me and my constant complains. "Come with me. Come to the bed." He'd said, walking there and moving our pillows out of the way so he could sit there. I was confused, yet took my crutches and followed him to take a seat on the bed. He helped me to get comfortable, laying my head on his stretched out legs. "A massage might help relax you a little." He left an upside down, gentle kiss on my forehead.

I wasn't sure how far Harry and I were from returning back to what normal was like for us, but at least at that point, I wasn't flinching every time he came near me any longer. I'd began to accept physical touches from him and my family, which they all took notice of - of course.

He weaved his fingers through my ever so slightly greasy hair and began to massage my head. I felt for him in that moment, and even tried to move my head as I hated the thought that he needed to do that. But he just tapped my nose and got me to lie back down. "I will forever stand by the belief I have that your hair is so beautiful." I went to sleep like that, that day. Just feeling calm under his touch, knowing that he wouldn't leave me for a second.

But, Harry and everyone also took notice of how often I would dip into my own thoughts, or sometimes even the void where no thoughts remained and I was blank. Such as that moment, that morning.

"Jasmine?" He'd called for my attention again.

"Sorry, what were you saying?" I'd asked him to repeat, having forgotten his question totally.

"Nothing, don't worry." A shake of the head and a soft smile in my direction yet neither were enough to quarantine my curiosity. "I was just wondering whether you were okay." He'd admitted to it, once he knew I wouldn't let him slip by.

"Oh? Yeah, I am."

"I knew you were. You're my strongest warrior, after all."

"You have other warriors?" I'd cocked an eyebrow, raising doubt. He'd frowned, both in confusion as my random urge to crack a joke and also at my specific question.

"Yeah, maybe I'll let you meet them one day. There's Anna, Belle, Elsa, Cinderella." He moves his hand in a rolling motion to say that the list still had more names.