Chapter 1

•Cassie's POV•

•Cassie's POV•

I take a deep breath as I gaze at the New York City skyline. I'm not sure what floor the office was on, but it must have been high, since I could see almost all of Central Park. I looked down, the people looking tiny as ants.

As I pace around the office, my eyes make their way to the wall display, awards lining the entire length. Grammy awards, AMA awards, Brit awards; name an award show, and there's a trophy.

I can't help but feel nervous. My mom set up this meeting. Her best friend is some kind of talent manager at Island Records. She didn't tell me why I'm here or what this meeting was about, just that he wanted to meet me about something.

My mom and Andrew Gertler go way back. Though I've never met him, I have heard so much about him. They met in high school and instantly became friends. They went to the same college as well and have been best friends ever since. They don't get to see each other a lot since Andrew is busy with work, but they do go on a trip every year with their college friends to catch up.

Just when I was about to pick up the Grammy displayed on the table, the door opened. I quickly moved to the couch in the middle of the room, acting as if my poor, grubby hands weren't about to soil that prestigious award.

"Cassie?"

"Yes. Thats me." I replied. I went to shake his hand, but he had other plans. Before I could do anything, he engulfed me in a hug.

"Cassie! You've gotten so big! I remember when you were a baby, and now look at how beautiful you are!" It's always a bit weird when you see someone who knew you as a baby, but you didn't know them.

"Thanks." I said, hugging him back awkwardly.

"Oh I'm so sorry!" He pulled away. " You probably don't remember me but I'm Andrew Gertler." He replied.

"I know who you are. My mom talks about you a lot." I smiled.

"She better! We've only been friends since high school," he joked. "I wish I could make it out to you guys more, but this job kind of takes up most of my time." He chuckled.

We engaged in some small talk for a while more. He asked me about my sisters, how I was doing and just some other general things. I liked him already. He made me feel less nervous about what was about to go down.

"There's actually a reason that I wanted to meet you today." He began, sitting down on the couch in the middle of the room. I sat across from him. "I've been trying to find someone to help me with something, and based on what your mom has told me about your history in the theater and just by talking to you, I think you may be a perfect fit!"

"Okaaaaaaay," I began, wondering why he brought up my interest in acting, "what can I help you with?"

"Well one of my clients has been getting some bad publicity lately and we need to change that. People keep seeing him as a player and a rebellious teen, which is really ruining the reputation that we have going for him. I know this is a weird request, but I want you to know that if you agree, we will be paying you handsomely...."