Chapter 7 !

I sighed softly as I landed on the balcony of my room. It was safe to say that this had become my life now. I had just gotten back from the journey that my wings had taken me on. Seeing the stars sitting in the night sky so perfectly was absolutely stunning. The harsh wind caressed my small frame as I flew carelessly. Flying always made me forget about my immediate problems. And it had become something that I'd grown to love lately.

Being alone as somewhat allowed me to rely on my powers. For my survival as well as for my happiness. Like all sudden changes it was hard to adapt to at first. But in a strange way, I kind of enjoy drowning in my solitude. I glanced lazily at a black crow that was sitting just outside my window. His black eyes stared directly into my icy blue eyes. As if he could somewhat see my soul.

We remained like this for quite sometime. It was as if we were waiting to see who would make the first move. I quickly snapped out of my trance as I blew softly. Which had caused my mysterious visitor to fly away before I slowly dragged my feet to my window. Hoping that the mysterious bird would reappear he was after all my first visitor and maybe even my last.

His stare gave my body a sudden comfort that calmed my entire being. Allowing chills to rush down my spine. It was as if I was melting I quickly diverted my gaze from my window and glanced at the doors to my balcony. Just as I heard them flew open allowing the rough wind to storm through. Blowing my white curtains in all different directions.

While I glanced around my dark room to see if I was still alone. Without a second glance I quickly waved my fingers in the air causing the doors to shut.

"Hello princess." A masculine voice said from behind me which caused me to tense. I tried turning around to face this uninvited creature. But it's as if my feet had a mind of their own.

My powers were no longer in its usual defensive state. I was completely vulnerable.

Was it because I've somehow met this man before ? Or was it because I've grown so tired of this loneliness. That I've just accepted anyone as company ?